33. All I Have

Beginne am Anfang

"Jinx," the demon replies with a smile.

"Dan, nice to see you again," the red-eyed man says.

"You too," Dan says. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm incredibly bored," Jinx replies. "And what you're doing sounds like fun, so count me in. Nyxeus, my king and best friend, will you be joining us?"

Nyx hums, "It sounds very fun, yes... But I know Luci gets mad when I hurt humans. But I also know how reckless Jinx gets and someone needs to keep an eye on him... Mmm, I'll come along and watch, but I don't think I'll get involved."

Jinx shrugs. "More humans for me."

The draxon watches from the rafters as the fight ensures below. He keeps a close eye on Jinx, the dragon's love the thrill and adrenaline making him giddy and more likely to slip up.

"Maze, heads up!" the red-eyed man shouts, throwing one of the gang members up into the air and towards the dragon.

Seeing the action, the demon smirks and lifts her leg, kicking the incoming criminal across the room.

"Nice," she says, "Your turn."

Jinx grins as the demon throws a man towards him. With a powerful punch, the man is sent to join his colleague in a heap across the room.

"Wow," Dan whistles, "Remind me not to get on your bad sides."

As Maze holds the gang leader still, a scream makes them all pause and turn towards the source. A woman not far behind Dan, now on her knees and clutching at her arm and face as what seems to be acid starts eating away at her skin.

Nyx drops down from the rafters, his bright orange eyes cold, tongue licking away a black liquid on his lip. "You know, I get really pissed off when someone tries to hurt those I care about. Especially when their backs are turned."

As he sneers at the woman, Dan sees his teeth have become sharp fangs. He shudders, a little nervous and having never seen the draxon like this before.

Nyx hears footsteps running at him from behind and whips around, spitting more acid at the man trying to attack him.

"Hmm, I expected more," Nyx muses, frowning as the man collapses.

"Humans aren't immune to acid, Nyx," Jinx says.

"... Yes, I guess they aren't..."

"Nyx, unless they themselves spit acid, dragons aren't immune to it either."

"Oh... right, of cour—"

He's interrupted by a gunshot ringing out. Dan gasps, instinct having him fearing for his friend's life. The man's eyes are wide, watching blood start to stain the front of the draxon's shirt.

"Um... Ow?" Nyx says. His expression is more confused than anything, making Jinx and Maze smile in amusement. "Maze, you've been on Earth longer, what do normal humans do when they're shot in the chest?"

"Scream in pain and fall to the ground dying?" the demon replies with a shrug.

"Well, that's a bit dramatic, don't you think?" Nyx says, healing the bullet wound in his chest. "Now, where's the dear who shot me? I'd like to have a little... talk with them."

"Jinx, Maze," Dan says as Nyx walks off.

"Yeah?" the two reply.

"Remind me not to get on his bad side either."

"He cares too much about you to ever hurt you," Jinx says, "But if anyone that's not Lucifer tries to, he'll probably go ballistic and tear them to pieces. If it is Lucifer, he'll probably just give him hell. One of the perks of having the Dragon King as a close friend."