Lost and Found-Sophie's POV

A/N: Look! It's another update! In the same day! Shocker. Not really. But it might not happen again. We'll see. And now, writing time!

"Uh... Sophie? What just happened?"

I was just in the Silver Towers, and enhancing Tam. Now I was somewhere else, still holding Tam's hand, but not surrounded by people. It was just Tam and me. 

I blinked.  

"I think after I enhanced you, you were able to access the way the Neverseen travel. This must be one of their old hideouts. It looks abandoned. Can you access your Imparter? Everyone must be freaking out right now."

"Uh. Maybe." 

Tam pulled out his Imparter, dropping my hand. It felt cold all of a sudden. 

"No. The stone walls must be doing something to the Imparter." 

He pocketed the device and held out his hand to me again. 

"Well, we're here. Might as well explore a bit."

I tugged on my glove again and grasped it. 

"If I enhance you again, do you think we can go back the way we came?" I asked Tam.

He tugged on his bangs with his free hand. 

"I can try." 

I removed my glove again, and enhanced him. Tam stretched out his fingers and sighed a moment later. 

"I can't. It looks like it's a one way entrance."

"Looks like we'll have to find our own way out."

Tam nodded. 

"I'm pretty sure we're safe here, but we need to keep moving. I don't like this place, and I'm a Shade. So let's go."

I nodded. 

"I'll go one way, and you go the other way. We can keep in touch telepathically."

The silver tips of Tam's bangs shook. 

"No. I don't like it. We stick together."

"But we'll cover more ground this way," I begged.

Tam hesitated. Grudgingly, he agreed a moment later. 

"Fine. But only because we will get out of here faster. I would---. I mean Linh would never forgive me if I can home without you."

I looked at him quizzically, ignoring my flaming cheeks for his stumble over his words. 

His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. 

"Let's go," he grumbled. 

Grateful for the distraction, I walked off, reaching out to him as I did. 

Tam, you can hear me, right?

Yes. 

Good.

The conversation stilted. I realized that I didn't really talk to Tam one on one.

It's because you're with Blondie and Wonderboy all the time. 

I blushed. I had forgotten that he could hear my thoughts. 

A/N: Pretty sure how that works. It's been awhile since I even read Legacy. :P

Well, that changes now. Who do you like?

I could feel Tam's thoughts whirling. 

Why do you ask that Sophie?

I mentally shrugged.

Well, I've seen you glance over at Biana a couple of times. 

A flush spread across my thoughts.

Uh.... You see.... I.... Uh oh. Sophie. There's--- UHMGH!

I heard Tam's voice cut out in my head.

Tam?! TAM. Are you alright?!

Silence. I tried to reach out to him again. Nothing.

A little more desperately, I tried to track his thoughts. I searched for the darkly shaded voice that I was just talking to. But it was like he was gone. 

I was panicking now. Hurriedly, I retraced my steps, hoping to go the other way and find out what happened to Tam when I crashed into a solid, warm body. 

I looked up.

"Foster?"