Chapter 3: The Fang of Penitence

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

And all of them are about the Night Class.

We finished up inspecting the Sun Dorms, all the items were in a bag as Yuki was ready to discard them.

"Cripes. Sure, I'd understand why they'd want to take secret photos . . . They're all so beautiful . . ." Yuki said as she looked over the photos in the bag, "The vampires . . ."

I stood still at the bottom of the stairs where Yuki was deep in thought.

"Do you need any help carrying that, Yuki?" I offered to snap her out of her thoughts.

She shook her head, "No, it's fine! Besides, you've already helped me confiscate all these and put them in the bag, unlike Zero." She mumbled the last part.

"I understand. I'll be waiting outside then." I turned to leave and walked outside.

I walked over to Kiryu who was resting under the shade of a tree. I stopped a few feet away from him, though under the shade.

I heard him breathe deeply as there was a rustling but I stayed silent and still. There was a peaceful silence between us until Kiryu spoke up.

"You know..." He began but was cut off when Yuki came running in.

"Zero! You skipped out again!" She shouted in a frustrated manner.

Kiryu stood up and walked away, "I'm done here..."

She stared at Kiryu's back with concern. The next second she follows after Zero.

I stood at the same spot as I watched over them. I narrowed my eyes in contemplation.

"This really... isn't going to be easy." I trailed after them.

°°°

We stood in front of the gates that separate the Night class from the Day class to begin our inspection on the dorms.

"We've never been inside the Moon Dorms before... Do you feel nervous too?" Yuki asked.

Kiryu didn't answer her as he headed straight inside, Yuki and I followed after him. There was an old man in a white hood who seemed to be the gatekeeper.

"Huh. Um... Well..." Yuki stuttered as she didn't know what to say to the gatekeeper.

"Disciplinary Committee, right? Go on right ahead." The gatekeeper said.

We walked down the path that leads to the Moon Dorms. On the way, I sensed Senri Shiki, Takuma Ichijou, and Akatsuki carrying boxes of Aidou's stuff. Kuran was leaning on the wall overlooking the work whereas Aidou was sobbing on the floor. Ah, so that's the cause of the scream this morning.

"Oh, that's right!" Yuki exclaimed as she stepped in front of Kiryu with her back facing him.

"Huh?" Kiryu expressed his confusion.

"Before we go into the Moon dormitory, show me what you put in your pocket earlier." She said with her hands on her hips.

Zero's eyes widened in surprise, then he turned his head away from her.

It looks like Yuki noticed the blood tablets.

"You hid something, right? As a Disciplinary Committee member, you shouldn't break the moral code... Oh!" She pointed her finger at him accusingly before she slipped on the small stair step. Kiryu stepped forward to catch Yuki though it made him fall with her. I also attempted to catch her by grabbing her arm but I missed.

Yuki fell on top of Kiryu but, strangely, Yuki remained on top of Kiryu. Kiryu was relieved that she was unharmed. Though that didn't last long when Yuki snatched the blood tablet packet from his pocket.