Water balloons, sugar shocks and volleyball

Start from the beginning

Minho is across from Jisung. He handles the food, acting as a chef, so if something tastes terrible, he's to blame. He stares lovingly at his boyfriend, dressed in a yellow that suits him very well.

Next to him is Felix, head of orange, and Seungmin, head of purple. They are trained in first aid, so they make sure the infirmary is up to date and that the campers are given proper care related to their health issues.

Changbin, head of gray cabin, sits next to JYP, the owner of the camp. He's in charge of the 'survival camp', and teaches campers what to do in case they get lost, or how to start a fire and catch fish.

JYP's not actually there on most days, but easily reachable in case of a problem. 

Chan himself is responsible for the sports department. He's been a counselor for two years, and he knows what to do with the campers by now.

"You're late", JYP says.

"Yes, sir, sorry"

He appraises Chan in his dark green shirt and khaki trousers.

"At least you're already changed", he finally says.

Jeongin stumbles in as soon as Chan sits down.

His blue polo shirt is buttoned up the wrong way, and his hair is untidy from hastily pulling the shirt over.

"Jeongin, glad you could finally join us", JYP says drily.

"Sorry for being late sir, I got lost", Jeongin brings out, ashamed,"but I scraped together some instruments for the sing along and music workshop to add to the stack."

He sits down next to Chan, opposite of Changbin, and hiddenly elbows the elder under the old table that constantly gives people splinters.

Chan doesn't dare react, seeing as JYP is right in front of them, but the way he picks at the sinewy dark wood tells Jeongin he's definitely going to retaliate somehow.

-

The campers have only just started showing up, and Jeongin is already exhausted.

At least ten different people have tried to already pick a cabin, one boy turned out to be sick and was sent back home and told to come back when he's healthy, and one mother tried to sign up her 8-year-old.

When Jeongin has finally gotten to through to her that 1. This is a camp for 13-18 year olds, and 2., it's a boys camp, he collapses onto the picknick table bench.

"Kids are a nightmare"

"Yep", Hyunjin agrees, stirring his ice tea.

"Did you put extra sugar in there again?"

"I have to be energized."

Methodically, Hyunjin keeps stirring, before pulling another packet of sugar out of his pocket. He constantly steals the little packets out of restaurants and cafes, leading most of his pockets to have at least one packet of sugar, salt or pepper.

Hyunjin pours it in.

"I'm going to die."

Then, he downs about a quarter of the one liter bottle in one gulp, grimacing.

"Give me that", Jeongin says, thinking about meeting a bunch of campers, and Hyunjin complies, still grimacing.

He sniffs at the dark gold liquid. A sickly sweet smell wafts up from it, and Jeongin can tell Hyunjin poured enough sugar in for it to be syrupy.

A few clumps of sugar that won't desintegrate swirls at the bottom when Jeongin shakes it a bit.

Finally, feeling like he's going to regret this, he downs a gulp.