Water balloons, sugar shocks and volleyball

It's a beautiful day at Camp Yellow wood. The sun shines lazily onto the lake, the birds sing on the tall fir trees, and the small colorful cabins arranged in a U form around the bonfire give the whole thing a very woodsy appeal.

Unfortunately, Yang Jeongin, the camp counselor for the blue cabin, doesn't have the time to appreciate the places aesthetics. He's late to the camper initiation planning, having overslept and then gotten lost on the drive to the camp.

He finally arrives, and turns off his car. Stepping outside, he only has a moment to enjoy the sunlight before he gets pelted by a water balloon.

It splatters on impact, cold and wet. Jeongin grits his teeth. He really hoped he would get at least a few peaceful hours here before the prank wars continued.

"Bull's eye", someone calls out, and Jeongin glares as Bang Chan steps out from behind the tall trees.

The camp counselor of Green and he have what you might call a history. They've been pranking, insulting and annoying each other since the first time Jeongin came to the camp.

He had been 13 and Chan 15, and Chan had made fun of his Chapstick and his height. He wasn't laughing anymore when Jeongin caused his boat to capsize.

"Fuck off", Jeongin mumbles, grabbing his bag.

Chan tuts.

"No cursing. You're at a kid friendly camp now."

"Abominable goblin."

"Is that even an insult?", Chan asks.

"Be quiet, you insufferable pastry cutter."

As soon as Jeongin says it, he realizes that's a terrible insult. At least the goblin made sense, Chan is wearing a green shirt, but what's he trying to insinuate by calling the other a pastry cutter?

Chan is just as confused by being called a kitchen tool. He's grown used to the odd insults thrown at him over the years, with Jeongin calling him everything from actual profanities to a detestable turtle( it had been after Chan lost the canoe race and pranked the winner, Jeongin), but this one is a new level of weird.

Then again, he thinks, setting off through the woods to the main house, he might want to rethink his own repertoire of insults. You can't call someone a gremlin when they are, infuriatingly, taller than you.

Chan is confident about his height, but he hates the fact that Jeongin grew this year. Before, he was smaller than Chan, about 168 centimeters. Now, if Chan had to guess, he's roughly 10 centimeters taller.

The clearing in the middle of the U positioning of the cabins is still wet with dew this early in the morning, and the long wet grass brushes against Chan's calves. On the other end of it, the main house perches, painted a simple brown. It overlooks the canoes and the lake. 

The interior is large, with picknick tables arranged around a single bigger one that serves as a buffet table. The different corridors bathrooms, showers and kitchen, as well as the upstairs area that houses supplies. 

Right now, the counsellors sit in the picknick table in the corner, talking amongst themselves.

Hyunjin, the head of the pink cabin, has already changed into his shirt. Along with his responsibilities as counselor, he also runs the art department for the camp.

Next to him sits Jisung, counsellor for yellow. He smiles brightly at something Minho, head of red cabin, says. Jisung handles the nature walks as well as taking care of the yellow campers. He is very knowledgable about the animals and plants found in this terrain.