𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙.

"listen man, it was niall's idea." louis spits out and niall turns to him quickly. i wince, watching as zayn only walks closer to us.

"didn't hear any objections from you earlier!" niall shouts back at louis and harry huffs loudly.

"josephine, go wait in the car." zayn says and i turn to him. he is pointing to one of his sleek, black cars and i turn to give the boys a confused look.

"what? i don't understand, zayn thi--" i started but was cut off by zayn quickly.

"what did you just call me?" he says through gritted teeth and harry squeezes my arm.

"your fucking name?" i slur back, ripping my arm from harry's grip. louis coughs back a laugh.

"don't make me repeat myself." he says and i scoff, crossing my arms.

"GO GET IN THE CAR!" zayn yells and i roll my eyes, making sure to shoulder check him as i do exactly what he says. i walk to his car and the driver opens the door for me. i plop down into the seat and look over at the boys being chewed out. zayn was yelling and the boys looked defensive. i roll my eyes and turn back towards the bar, seeing izzy sitting outside the bar and smoking a little.

"hey, izzy!" i say, rolling down the windows.

"hey jo, i'm guessing that's zayn?" she ask, walking up to the window.

"sadly, the boys are getting yelled at for taking me here." i say, pouting slightly as i cross my arms over the now open windows so i can lay my head on them.

"i'm glad they took you here." she says, holding the cigarette out for me. i take it between my fingers and take a long drag, handing it back to her.

"me too..." i say exhaling and she leans up and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"call me, okay?" she asks and i look down at my fingers, hiding my obvious blush.

"y-yeah definitely." i smile and she starts to walk off. i shamelessly watch her find her way back into the bar and i sink back into my seat. the car door flies open and zayn finds his spot beside me.

"i'm--"

"we're not talking about this right now." zayn states and i turn back out to the windows.

"no need to be fucking rude zayn, it wasn't like i drove us here." i mumble under my breath but i was sure he heard.

"didn't i tell you not to call me that?" he says and i ignore him completely.

"don't ignore me. you've been bad enough, don't make it worse for yourself." he says warningly and i close my eyes.

"how did the appointment go?" he asks and i turn to him, shocked by his sudden change in tone.

"fine, arm is sore but that's all." i state and he nods his head. the car stops quickly at his place and i open the car door, walking into the house fast.

"josephine." zayn calls but continue walking . "josephine, i'm not done talking to you!" zayn says as i walk up the stairs and he slams the front door shut. i stop and turn on my heals to face him, trying to hide the annoyance radiating out of me.

"i want you to go to your room and read over our rules... thoroughly this time. when your done knock on my door and we'll talk." he says and i nod my head, walking back up the stairs.

***

1. never address mr. malik by his first name.
2. orders are nonnegotiable.
3. no talking back
4. any other relations are forbidden.
5. excessive drug and/or alcohol consumption is prohibited.
6. no interrupting.
7. when in public, do not speak unless spoken to.
8. do not leave the property without supervision.
9. dress respectfully to mr. malik's preference.
10. punishments are nonnegotiable.
(any further rules can be added)

seeing as i have broke most of these rules already something tells me going to see zayn tonight won't be fun.

i read over the rules one more time before putting the small laminated paper back onto my dresser and walking down the long hallway to the double sliding doors i was told was zayn's room. i raised my fist to the door and knocked lightly. i knocked the same knock i always do;

one knock, two fast knocks, one more knock.

it was a strange habit i had.

"come in." zayn's voice called and i slide the door open, standing uncomfortably in the door way before walking in and closing the door behind me.

"over the past few days what rules have you broken, josephine?" he asks and my small hands fiddle with the end of my now untucked band t-shirt zayn has given me.

"one, two, three, five, and six." i state lowly. i had broken more than that, but he didn't know that and he didn't need to know that. i hear him tut me and i look up to see him shaking his head.

"now, don't lie to me; it only makes it worse." he says and i stiffen.

how long was he at the bar... did he know about izzy?

"wha-- i mean uh... sir?" i say and he chuckles. he pats the bed beside him and i go to sit, leaving some space between us.

"the girl, what's her name?" zayn asks and i shift my weight.

"oh isabella? s-she is just a friend... you know drunk girls... they kiss sometimes and all that, that's it... i didn't mean to--"

"kiss? you kissed her?" he asks, sudden anger filling his expression.

you've done it now josephine.

"no, i mean yes, but it wasn't like that zayn i--" and with that i'm interrupted by zayn's hand over my throat, squeezing slightly, his cold rings contrasting with his warm skin against mine.

come one malik, don't be scared; break it.

"rule one, angel..." he states, his voice low and husky now.

"i- i'm sorry..." i say, getting nervous at his actions. he hums and turns away from me, retracting his hands.

is it getting hot in here? i think i need a breather...

"i was going to give you your phone today, just so you weren't so bored around the house after doing chores, but now i think i'll keep it. you'll have extra chores tomorrow anyway because of this incident." he says, standing from his bed and going to his closet. i see him take his shirt off, and i swallow harshly.

"i'm sorry sir." i say, clearing my throat. he walks back out of the closet, giving me a weird look. i resist the urge to look down at his bare chest, looking him straight in the eye instead.

"i'm being generous, i won't be next time. within the time you've been here you have gotten drunk every night." he says, folding his arms in front of his chest, leaning back against the wall. i nod my head, just wanting to leave at this point.

"i-i just got out of prison... what do you expect?" i ask, looking away from him and standing from his bed and walking towards the door.

"where do you think you're going? did i dismiss you?" he asks and i groan under my breath, turning around and rolling my eyes.

"it's late and i'm tired, the room is spinning." i say and zayn pushes himself off the wall, walking towards me.

"then ask to leave." zayn says, his voice monotone.

if you're so goddamn bored, let me go.

"oh please could i leave almighty powerful one?" i tease, bring my hands together as if i'm pleading for him. he looks away, licking his lips.

"get out. you're annoying me." he says and i look up at him with a frown.

the fuck? you're annoying me you dumb dumb bubble gum looking ass--

"josephine, out." zayn says, walking to his bed. "unless you want to watch." he adds and i freeze, not sure i heard him correctly.

"w-what?" i ask and zayn chuckles.

"television, unless you want to watch television." he finishes and i feel my face go red, reaching for the handle behind me.

"o-oh no i'm fine." i say, pulling the door open and rushing out of the room, waiting to shut the door before making my way to my room.

-xx ur least fav author e<333