Chapter 26

TRAX

I think I'm dead.

Or at the very least seriously fucking hungover. My arms and legs want to move, but they won't. My head is so thick and fuzzy that I can't even open my eyes. I have no idea where I am or what the fuck is going on. Except, I think I hear Sophie talking, but she sounds very far away. So maybe I'm not dead.

At least not yet.

Sophie! I hear myself scream, but I know nothing is coming out of my mouth. Where the fuck am I? Where are my brothers? What the fucking hell is going on? My mind is on such an overload that it can't take anymore, and suddenly everything fades to black.

I don't know how long I'm out for when the sound of non-stop beeping wakes me up. What the hell is that? The voices I hear are low and far away, so I can't make out what anyone is saying. It sure doesn't smell like the clubhouse. There's no odor of stale beer or cigarettes or even pussy. This smelled too clean like a disinfectant. Again, where the fuck am I?

Something is holding my hand down. It feels warm and soft, so I tightened my fingers around it.

"Holy shit, Sugar! He squeezed my hand. Daryl? Wake up, baby. Please wake up!"

"Bro, c'mon and wake the fuck up. I'm tired of your lazy ass being in this bed all day. Wake the fuck up, man."

Sophie and my fucking annoying as fuck brother.

My eyes feel lighter this time, so I blink to force them open just a bit as the bright light from above hits me. Damn, that hurt my eyes. I have to close them again for a minute before trying again. It's not so bad the second time, but I try to raise my free hand since Sophie is hanging tightly onto one. The pain that shot through me has me gritting my teeth in order not to scream like a damn baby.

"Water," I mumble through a parched throat. My eyes hit Sophie's tired-looking ones. She looked like shit but more beautiful than ever at the same time.

I felt Sophie squeeze my hand. "Oh my God. He's awake! Sugar get a nurse in here."

I saw a shadow lean over me. "She's a bossy bitch, ain't she?"

Sophie grabbed a pitcher and poured some water into a small cup before bringing it to my lips like a child. It pissed me off her treating me this way, but I was so weak I wasn't sure that I could even hold the damn cup anyway.

I took a few sips and let the wetness soothe my dry throat. "Not answering that one, bro." I groaned. "And I ain't lazy. What the hell happened?"

Damn, it hurt even talk.

"We can tell you everything, but let's let the nurses know you're awake first." Sophie sent a deadly glare up at my brother.

He shook his head, laughing. "I'm going. I'm going."

Before I had the energy to ask Sophie another question, two nurses hurried in with a doctor trailing behind them. They took my vitals before the doctor checked me out. They had wanted Sophie and Sugar to wait outside of the room, but neither of them budged an inch. He asked a bunch of stupid ass questions like what year it was and who the fucking president. I answered the damn questions and was happy when the douche left.

I liked the one nurse. She was prettier and way younger than the other one. She asked if I was in pain, and I sure as hell am, so she got a "fuck yeah" from me. I watched her leave and come back, something that she put in my IV. Instantly, the edge was off. I still hurt, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

"How's that?" she asked with a big smile.

"Better."

"He's fine now," Sophie snapped. "We'll let you know if we need anything else. Thank you."