"We went to the concert and it was really crowded," Kristophe explained slowly, "I was with the boys at the beginning, but the crowd surged and I got lost from them. I have no idea what happened after that, but I did meet up with someone you may know. It may cause a problem for us. I met Sen."

As soon as he said the name, I grimaced in disgust. I had heard the name countless times, screaming by said person after he'd been imprisoned twice by our people for his homicidal tendencies. It was, of course, in his nature. After all, he was an oni. It was basically a Japanese demon. They were known for being large, clawed creatures with unnerving eyes and marbled skin.

Sen had originally been sent to some unknown area by the previous heads of the council, and I had hoped he was dead. Obviously not.

"He was sent by... the rebellion in order to sway me to bring them Alexander," Kristophe confessed, making me frown at the obvious pause he made, "They know about you and Alexander. Our world knows about you and Alexander. It's extremely dangerous to let Alexander go anywhere without you. They'll do anything to grab him and in all honesty, I think that's why Alexander is intoxicated. Sen must have known Alexander was at the concert and followed him out to the car. Something happened and Alexander ended up like this. I think it was an attempt to wipe his memory of whatever happened tonight. I finally found Slade and Mark, and we went back to the limousine to see if Alexander was there, and he was. He had a gash on the side of his head, as if someone had smacked him with something, but it's like Mark said. The amount of blood he ingested gave him a healing boost, so physically he's fine. He's just really drunk."

I sighed, rubbing my temples. I figured this would happen, which is why I had brought Alexander with me on the trip in the first place, but I had assumed that even if we weren't literally next to each other at all times, the rebellion would think twice about attacking him.

I stand corrected.

"All right, Kristophe," I decided, making him snap his head to look from Alexander to me, "You may sleep. I'll take care of it from here. You don't need to worry about the rebellion... Or Claude. They won't find their way to us." Kristophe stiffened at the mention of his twin's name. He was probably wondering how I knew.

It was obvious by his pause, but I kept that to myself as he just nodded his head to me respectfully before leaving. I closed the door to the bedroom portion of the suite, turning around to see Alexander trying to sit up, leaning back on his heads, his head tilting back a little. His shirt was sliding off one of his shoulders and his jeans were torn at the knees, the material soaked in blood, but his knees were perfectly fine.

I took a deep breath and approached Alexander on the bed, watching him search the ceiling before he noticed me and smiled drunkenly.

"Hello." He greeted me.

"Hello," I replied gently with a smile, "I suppose you should undress and go to sleep. You're going to have a very painful hangover in the morning." Alexander hiccuped as a response and slumped against the bed, throwing an arm over his head and resting the other on his stomach as he hummed some foreign tune.

I sighed and came closer, taking one of his feet, lifting it so I could slide his shoe off. He watched me sleepily, a faint, cute smile playing on his lips.

It would be a lie to say he wasn't beautiful right now. At the same time, I was annoyed that someone had attacked him like this. I wanted to know exactly the rebellion was planning, because obviously cutting the head off the snake did not work.

They were still pursuing me, and to get to me, they'd gladly use Alexander as bait and I would gladly go in and take him back-- again and again and again until they realized how stupid they were. Thinking about it made my blood boil and the lights flickered a little, making Alexander tilt his head back to look at the lamp in awe. I reigned my power, clearing my throat as I tugged off Alexander's shoes, placing them neatly at the foot of his bed.