Flashback

"You see (M/N)-chan, my mom's friend showed up with this brat, and said if I could watch him for the next week while her and her husband go on their anniversary trip to Paris. I could've said no, but since I'm such a nice person, I took the squirt under my wing." Oikawa said with a proud look on his face.

(M/n) smacked Oikawa on the head, "Oikawa, you baka." (M/n) said.

Anime tears streamed down Oikawa's face as he rubbed the back of his head.

"(M-M/N)-chan, I think Iwa-chan has rubbed off on you." He pouted.

(M/n) sighed and shook his head.

"So, since you have no knowledge whatsoever about taking care of children, you decided to come to me for help, right?" (M/n) asked.

Oikawa nodded in response.

End Flashback

'Ooooohhh that's right...' Oikawa thought.

It was only supposed to be him but he asked-more like begged-(M/n) to help.

"And also, he's sick. Don't stress him by being an asshole." Iwaizumi added, casually sipping from his water bottle.

"Of course, I can- hah??? Since when was I an asshole Iwa-chan??"

~~~

It was that dreaded moment.

The time to pick up Tobio from daycare.

Oikawa had volleyball practice today.

Usually it would be (M/n) picking up Tobio. Then he would take him to Oikawa's house and by the time Oikawa was done with practice, (M/n) would already have dinner done.

Usually...

But since (M/n) is sick, the plan was changed.

Instead, Oikawa would pick up Tobio from daycare, bring him back to the school so Oikawa could attend practice, take him back home, and cook dinner (More like order pizza).

It was a lot harder doing the routine this way, or so Oikawa told himself.

By the time Oikawa got the daycare, Tobio was the only one waiting by the door, of course with a teacher. Waving goodbye to his teacher, Tobio ran up to Oikawa.

"Where's nii-san?" he asked looking up at the third year.

Instead of looking back, Oikawa looked ahead.

"He's sick so I'll be taking care of you today."

Tobio looked back at the ground, then to his surroundings.

This wasn't the usual path they took to get home.

"Tooru-nii, where are we going?"