Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, I hated the talk.

There's two sides of attention. The good and the bad. Usually, I was on the bad side.

I stepped a bit closer to Mina, arm brushing against hers. It's a little habit I've made for myself, that I'd stand just a little closer to someone I trust a lot when I was nervous.

"Hey! I saw your fight!" A Second Year comes up and says to Bakugou and me, making the group stop, "Damn dude, you really knocked her to the ground, huh? You sure gave her a run for her money!"

I clench my jaw and look to the ground. The Second Year wasn't even talking to me. I'm taking a step back from the student, Bakugou beside me turning his head to look at me over his shoulder.

He then glares back at the Second Year.

"I'd like to see you do that now, bastard." Bakugou scowls, hands in his pockets as he steps closer to thea student, "Stop fucking bothering us and actually try to become a hero. There's a reason why all the shitty media was on the First Year Stage yesterday, idiot."

With that, Bakugou begins to walk away. Kirishima apologises for his behaviour before following after him.

"Man, Bakugou sure tore that guy a new one." Mina pointed out.

Ojiro nods his head and chuckles, "Yeah, usually he'd just curse at them once and walk away. I guess not this time."

I stare at the spiky blonde hair, moving a bit away from Mina to make some space. "Yeah. It's different."

When we got to homeroom, Bakugou was quiet at his desk with that annoyed expression as Kirishima, Mina, Ojiro and I talked with our classmates about the festival.

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh?" Mina claimed, pointing to herself, "So many people talked to me on my way here!"

Kirishima joined in, "Yeah, me too!"

On my right, Hagakure stated, "People were staring at me, too. It was kind of embarrassing!"

Ojiro smiled awkwardly and pointed out, "Isn't that normal for you, Hagakure?"

I smiled at them before Sero came up behind Kirishima and I. He pointed to himself and groaned, "I had some Elementary Schoolers suddenly tell me 'don't worry about it'."

Tsu looked up at him. "Don't worry about it!" She teased with an indifferent look on her face.

Sero yelled in agony.

I looked over to see Bakugou staring out the window. He hasn't said anything since that Second Year stopped us.

Walking over, I tap his desk and chime, "You had some other people ask you about the festival, didn't you?"

He glares at me. "So what?"

"You've become quite popular, Bakugou." I chuckle, crossing my arms as I stare down at him, "If your personality wasn't so rough, I'd say you'd be an image of braveness for some people."

Bakugou stands up and yells at me, "Shut the Hell up, you cheerleader dumbass!"

I giggle at his words before flicking his forehead, walking away to my chair, "You're one to talk, Bombshell."

The door slides open. "Good mroning." Mr Aizawa says to us, walking to the pedestal.

We all sit in our chairs, greeting him back.

Tsu speaks up, finger on her cheek, "Mr Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad."

Mr Aizawa scratches underneath his eye with his pinkie. "The old lady went overboard with her treatment." He claims, looking annoyed. I bet he had a fun time cringing at the injuries.