Poker Face; Story #1

Start from the beginning

Marianne knew the drill with Jeralt, Bedtime..Breakfast and everything. She completely trusted her child with her..Byleth placed a soft kiss on her child's forehead as he mindlessly drank from his bottle smiling.

Hilda and Byleth jumped into Hildas small car decorated on the inside with seat covers and a cute plushie of a cat hanging from the mirror.
"Heh okay! This might be a long drive but it will be worth it!!"
Byleth looked at her house before they pulled out and Hilda began to drive turning up her music singing along.
Byleth pulled out her phone, her lock screen being her and her child. "Hm..I might as well view the reviews of this place" she thought.
She googled the place that they where going too and saw that it had 4.5 stars with mixed reviews..The bad ones mostly being about the food..Other than that she saw ALOT of comments about a game room attendant by the name of "Claude" 
Byleths curiousity was peaked as she went through the images, Majority of them where of this tan male smiling and winking and laughing, he was wearing a button up that showed off the front of his chest perfectly and wore a name tag with his name on it. Her heart dropped as her cheeks went red. Something about him felt.. "Toxic" but..in a good way..
The car halted as the red light illuminated the car as Hilda laughed loudly  over the music causing Byleth to quickly close out her phone.
"Oooooh~ who's the hunk you got on your phone there Byleth?!"
She spewed out ineligible words blushing madly.  
"NO-NOBODY!!!"
Hilda laughed shaking her head as the light turned green again as the car started going again.
Byleth wanted to look again but knew Hilda was watching her.. All she had to do was hope he was working..

The car pulled up to a flashy hotel with a gigantic water fountain in the front flashing different colors. Hilda giggled and parked in one of the guest parking spots jumping out of her car and grabbed her bag in the back along with another one..
"Hm..what's that..?"
Byleth pointed to the bag.
"Well silly I knew you'd forget your things so I packed em for you!!"
Hilda set down the bag closing the trunk.
"Alright grab your things girl!"
Byleth walked over her heels clicking in the pavement as she picked up her bag looking at the front of the hotel her heart starting to pound as she froze. Right in front of the hotel stood the tall tan male she had seen in the pictures flicking a lighter to light a cigarette pacing a little as he placed the lighter in his pocket blowing out a cloud of smoke. He wore the same attire as he did in the pictures..his dark brown hair slicked back and facial hair cleaned up evenly.
Hilda waved her out of her thoughts stepping infront of her.
"Helllooooo~?! Earth to Byleth..?! You coming or what...!"
Byleth gulped nodding...She hadn't seen anyone in awhile that made her feel like this.. and she had never even met the guy..
Hilda chuckled and started to walk to the entrance..

She began to walk towards the entrance aswell right where he was...following behind Hilda..She was a little faster so she was a little ways ahead of her. Byleth watched as he nodded to Hilda smiling.
"Okay...keep cool..."
Byleth almost walked slower when she passed him... She could feel his eyes glued to her as he stared at her as she walked by meeting his gaze for a couple of seconds looking into his deep green eyes. It made her heart beat quicker than ever...

Claude stared at the female almost dropping his cigarette..She was extremely breathtaking.. He felt like he needed to rush up to her and demand to know her name..anything! It was almost like she was teasing him by the way she walked by..
He was going to figure out her name by the end of the night...
He pressed his cigarette to the pillar of the building to distinguish it and threw it into the ashtray above the trashcan.

Byleth smiled a little knowing that she had him..She saw the way that he looked at her, And so did Hilda..She knew it was that male she was looking at on her phone so she had to standby and watch the exchange between them. Hilda knew that this night was going to be a fun one.
After Hilda and Byleth found their separate rooms they made their way into the game floor,  slot machines lighting up the place along with the chatter keeping the place lively.. loud laughing, people dressed up nicely.. Hilda looked at Byleth and nudged her pointing to a long table across the room; There he was..The male she had her eyes on shuffling a deck of cards. He was looking at her as soon as she walked through the door, her gaze just met his as he smiled to her.
Byleth looked away quickly her cheeks heating up.
"H-Hildaaaaa!!! I can't go over there!"
Hilda sighed and had her hands on Byleths back slowly pushing her closer. Byleth had no choice but to step over cause of her heels.
"Hey hey!!"
Claude watched them as he chuckled to himself setting the cards down in-front of him watching the two of them.

Byleth finally was infront of this handsome male..She almost whispered to him.
"H-hello..c-can I play a game..."
Hilda smiled feeling accomplished as she patted Byleths shoulders.
"Well! I'll leave you to it I'm gonna go play some slot machines!"
Hilda winked at her friend and skipped off leaving the two of them.
Claude then placed his hands on the front of the table.
"Your friend always like that?"
He smiled to her invitingly.
Byleth took a seat on the bar stool like seat and kept her hands on her lap and spoke softly.
"Y-yeah..I-I mean!! Sometimes.."
Claude nodded and ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't going to let this conversation die early.
"Yeah, Friends can be fun sometimes.."
He reached under the table grabbing a small glass and pushed it near her.
"Care for some wine?"
Byleth looked up nodding to him, this was his attempt to loosen her up.

It worked..Beofre she knew it, Byleths face felt hot to her and she just spoke exactly what was on her mind. No filter.
Claude smiles resting his head in his hands. After playing a few simple card games and a lot of drinking he felt accomplished that he loosened her up.
"So we have been playing a lot of games butttt..I think it's time you told me about yourself a little"
Byleth happily obliged.
"Weeeell..let's see I have a ragdoll cat named tuna..OH! And here is my pride and joy!"
Byleth reached into her little bag and pulled out her phone.
At first he was extremely confused but it soon made sense as she showed him her lock screen of her and her baby.
He didn't know what to make of it...
"Is..that your child? Or a cousin nephew..niece?"
Byleth smiled looking down at her phone.
"Oh, he's mine!"

Claude froze.
Was she taken...? Was she a bad mother? Geez..he didn't know what to think until Byleth spoke again the blood rushing to her face from the alcohol. She took a long sip.
"Me and my ex husbands..that is."
Byleth took another sip looking at her phone
Claude felt a little relief as she said that..
"Ah..it seems like you love your son tons despite that!"
Byleth stopped and kept the glass to her lips. Did he really try and continue their conversation....Normally when she told a male she had a child they would run away...
"Y-yeah..I do.."
She looked up at him her face still red.
He stared back at her his green eyes happily looking back at her.
"If you don't mind..I'd love to ...Have your number.."
Byleth almost spit out her drink.
"M-my numbe-"

She was cut off by a female screaming for joy. It was her friend Hilda;
"YESSSS! HAHAH! I WON!"
Byleth looked back to see Hilda standing up and jumping as the machine infront of her rang out with dings and flashed throughout the whole entire room.
"Heh Guess Hilda won big.."
Byleth smiled and thought to herself.
"And I did too.."

HEYO! Hope y'all liked it!!! I think I might continue this depending on the feedback and demand! Hope y'all enjoyed it!