The Sun

I guess it was too good to be true.

I can feel the rain form back to a drizzle the grip of the hand getting tighter, cutting the circulation of my hand. Why can't I just make the world happy.

Soon enough I'm thrown onto the hard concrete. The drizzle sprinkling on my face mocking my attempt . I blink rapidly trying to see the world I failed before me. Until I'm face to face....with...a boy.. with dark brown hair...with dark swollen eyes staring at me.

He pulls me up by the arm and hugged me tight. I didn't understand why he hugged me, I failed the world. My family, friends, even him. I couldn't understand why or how he could even have the thought of hugging me.

He starts to sob, I could hear his tear match the sound of the rain. My arms fall by my side, he hugs me tighter. "Don't ever do that to me again!" He choked. I could feel my own tears run down my cheeks.

I recognized the voice, the voice that belonged to the sun. My sun, I stared to sob as I realized how selfish I was for doing this.

To leave such an amazing person behind, to leave them. I felt horrible, I was being selfish rude un kind to him. Yet, here he is in front of me. My sunshine here to take away the dark gloomy days and bring me back to life. To save me from myself, once again...