The Queen was waiting in the hallway for Serena, so Amelia ducked around a corner so she wouldn't be discovered. "Well, what did the prince have to say?" the Queen asked.

"I don't know, that stupid Amy girl came and told me that the prince had a message for me."

"Why would she deliver a message?" the Queen hissed.

"I don't know, but she told me that Ashton was preparing for tomorrow and that he was going to propose and possibly have a wedding."

The Queen grinned. "Finally. I knew that the boy had some sense in him. As soon as he proposes, we must have the wedding, although, he might be planning both tomorrow, that would be perfect."

"But mother," Serena whined. Amelia hid a gasp.

"Don't you dare call me that," the Queen hissed. "No one must know that I am really your mother, and not Ashton's. Don't you ever say a word."

"Of course," Serena muttered. "But hopefully Ashton will never find out he is proposing to his cousin."

He won't dear, but we need that throne since you aren't a true heir," the queen said, then walked away, her arm around Serena.

Amelia couldn't breathe. She was in such shock, that she sat on the floor in the hall, taking a deep breath.

Josh, seeing that Amelia was on the floor, squatted down by her. "Miss, are you okay?" He hadn't heard the conversation with the queen and Serena. He had only seen Amelia collapse to the floor.

"I don't know," she whispered. "I need to get back to my room."

"Of course," he said, and helped her to her feet. He tucked an arm about her waist and led her up the stairs. He then took her to Becky's room and opened the door. Everyone was still there visiting, but stopped when Josh led Amelia into the room.

"Amelia?" Ashton asked, seeing her deathly pale face.

"Get her some water," Ashton told Becky.

She nodded and hurried away.

"Love, what is wrong?" Ashton asked her, setting her down on the couch. Amelia looked at him and began to cry.

Amelia's parents looked at each other helplessly.

"Amelia, love, what did she do to you?" Ashton asked worry etched on his face. "Please, tell me."

"Oh, Ashton," she cried and threw her arms around him. "I found out something so horrible, I don't know if I can even repeat it."

Ashton looked at everyone. "Can we have a minute?"

They nodded and left the room. Becky handed her a cup of water. "We'll be in Jacque's room," she said, then walked out.

"Take a drink and tell me what happened," Ashton said to his love. She was so pale, and she was shaking.

Amelia took a deep breath, took a drink, then looked at Ashton. "You aren't going to like this, at all."

"Love, what is it? You have me worried," he said. "What did Serena do?"

"It's what your supposed mother did," Amelia said.

"What do you mean?"

"I followed Serena back inside after I gave her the message. She met with the queen in the hall, and their conversation, oh, Ashton," Amelia cried. She stood up and went to the dresser. She took off the bracelet and put it into the box. She then hit play.

Ashton listened as his mother and Serena visited and went deathly pale.

He stood up and walking to the wall, punched it, putting a hole in it. "The king and queen are not my real parents?" he asked, the pain great in his eyes.