Prologue

I shake my head. Nothing feels right. Nothing is right. 

"Quala...." I whisper.

"Yes?"

"Do you really think that this new leopard is here just so we can..." My voice leaves me a the last possible second. But I think Quala knows what I mean, because she sighs and makes the tiniest nod in the history of tiny nods.

"It's very possible, Moon. My guess would be they want more leopards at our zoo."

"You know what I think?"

"That you don't want another leopard invading your domain?"

"Maybe."

"Well?"

"Keep guessing!" I laugh.

Quala snorts in annoyance, but she starts up again.

"You want another leopard here for you to play with?"

"Nope!"

"You enjoy making me annoyed, don't you?"

"I said keep guessing! Do you give up?"

"If I do give up, will you tell me what you think?"

"Nah."

"Then no, I don't give up. I'll probably have the answer by tomorrow, anyway."

"Blah blah blah. I'm going to take a nap."

With that said, I curl up to try to sleep, but I know that as my worries surround me, that sleep is a long way off.

Hello, frenz! Leopardstar here! I hope you enjoy this book, as well as my others. Just for fun, I have a "quest" for you: Try to figure out what the plot is! I also have clue for you: The title. That should help a little bit. Now, off I go! (A lot of exclamation points, I know.)

~~Leopardstar~~