She was always moody now, even Draco noticed, though, he didn't know why. She was just as stressed out as he was.

So, Draco hadn't told her yet, the opportunity never jumped out at him. She already seemed stressed as it was, he didn't want to add any more. Little did he know, if he would just pluck up the courage and tell her what he knew, he would actually be relieving her from some of that stress. She would know who she could trust, who she couldn't, and what exactly was going to happen.

But, life never works out the way you want it to...

Hermione had began to hang around Ella a lot, she found her a somewhat stress reliever. They got along pretty well. Ella always seemed to know how to act around Hermione depending on her mood. Knew what to say, what to do. They were pretty much a perfect match for each other, friend-wise.

Draco noticed how much time they were spending together and found it odd how her and Potter seemed to be drifting apart. He wondered if Potter noticed, and if he did did he just not care?

Hermione thought about confiding in Ella, but decided it wasn't the best idea. She trusted her and all, but still, it was risky. Hermione couldn't help but feel somewhat bad that she was keeping so many secrets from people, she wondered what Ginny thought about it all. She was beginning to think Ginny was slowly replacing Ron... but maybe that was a good thing?

***

Exams were slowly approaching and all the 7th years were cramming in some studying. Hermione never seemed to leave the library, determined to get top marks - even though she would anyway.

Ella would be with her most of the time, studying along side her, helping each other.

Sometimes when Hermione would see Draco flipping through some textbooks, she'd plop down next to him and watch him for a moment, and ask him questions. He'd answer them and then ask her a question harder than hers, and Hermione would answer it, giving him an equally hard question, and so on. It was like a competition. And sometimes they got so into it, determined to beat the other one, that they would find themselves inches apart, breathing heavily. And then just stay like that. Hermione's chest would be rising and falling quickly, she could smell Draco's cologne and see the different colored specks in his eyes. Draco would note the way her hair would fall across her face when she was frustrated, and how it moved everytime she breathed out. He would memorize the features of her face because he was close enough to make out almost every detail to the individual freckles on her cheeks. The shade of her lips, the bridge of her nose, the brown of her eyes, how her face softened as they stared at each other. He noted how kiss-able she looked under the soft light of the fireplace, with her hair partly covering her face. And then he'd have to stop himself from reaching up and touching her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ear. Because that would just lead him to wanting to kkss her, and if he kissed her he'd want more than that, but they couldn't have more than that.

And then after sitting like that for a while, Hermione would brush her hair out of her face, and sink back into to the couch. Draco would then stand up, mumble something, and go into his room.

In his room, Draco was then left to think about the upcoming events. How if he told her, it would ruin everything. But it was something that had to be done.

It was April 2nd, Hermione was sitting in the library doing some studying - like usual - when Ella bursted through the doors.

"Luna.." she panted. "They have... Luna."

Hermione froze and dropped the quill she was using. "Wha-What?" she stuttered. "Who? ...Luna?"

Ella leaned onto the table for support as she caught her breath.

"They took Luna into the forest. McGonagall isn't here so, you're the next best option."

Hermione jumped to her feet so fast, her chair fell backward. "Harry! We have to tell-"

"There's no time," Ella panicked, dragging Hermione towards the doors.

"But- Oh fine." Hermione grabbed her wand and cloak off the table and ran after Ella.

The sun was setting over the horizon of the Black Lake as they sprinted to the Forbidden Forest.

Hermione was slowly falling behind, unable to keep up with Ella. As they reached the entrence, Ella disappeared into the shadows of the forest.

"Lumos," Hermione whispered and her wand lit up. "Ella," she called, taking a few cautious steps in. "Ella?"  she called again.

There was a scream somewhere to her left, and Hermione whipped around to run in that direction, but as she opened her mouth to call out again, a hand clamped around her mouth, and she felt herself drifting away.

Oddly enough, she thought of Draco.

OxMrsFeltonxO