Kip had the grace to blush, but he laughed too.

"No, those are capable of picking up a conversation, and recording it onto this," he handed her a bracelet. "Then you can set the bracelet into the box that the bracelet came in, and it will transfer the recordings onto this," he handed her a mini tape recorder. "I know the palace doesn't have internet, so we went old school. By the way, the department is rooting for you. If you can bring the queen and king down on any charges, the kingdom would owe you one."

"I figured," Amelia grinned. "I don't want to see the prince go down with them, he's not horrible like his parents, but things need to change, that is for sure."

"Yes, and you are helping to change things, thank you, Amy."

"You are welcome, and thanks for this stuff. It will make things easier for me."

"You are welcome. Those earrings also transmit back to the station and record there when they are on, so watch what you are saying," he chuckled.

"I will," Amelia promised. "I also have another favor to ask."

"Yes?"

"I will call you with details later, but plan on being here to the Ball on Saturday with your department."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Crap is going to hit the fan, so to speak," Amelia laughed.

Kip grinned. "Okay, keep me updated."

"Oh, I will, and don't be too entertained when you hear the conversations."

"If you want to shut it off, just push on the earring, and it will shut off. Push on it again to turn it back on."

"Okay," Amelia said, and went ahead and put the earrings in, and the bracelet on. She then handed him the box for the earrings and took the bracelet box and the mini tape recorder. "Talk to you later, Kip."

"Yes, you will," he chuckled, then pulled away.

As soon as he was gone, Amelia headed back inside and to her room. She deposited the box in her dresser under some clothes, then left the room. She was hungry and wondered if the cousins were down eating already.

As Amelia headed to the kitchen, she bumped into the queen.

"Oh, your majesty, I am sorry, I didn't see you," Amelia said.

"Of course, you didn't, you insolent child," she hissed. "Why are you still here?"

"I am staying with Becky."

"Yes, I know that, but after the ball on Saturday, you are out of here, do you understand?"

"Why?"

"Because my son is going to marry Serena, that is why, and she doesn't want your kind of filth in the palace, and I have to agree."

"Whatever," Amelia said. "He's not going to marry that baldy."

The queen frowned. "You want to make a bet? She was meant for him, not you or anyone else. Besides, Serena went into Ashton's room last night to woo him. But he told her that he was saving himself for his wedding night."

Amelia hid a snicker. "If you say so. Are you sure it wasn't because she is so hideous looking he can't stand to see her body?"

The queen growled. "How dare you. Mark my words girl, you are out of here after the Ball, even if it is in a coffin."

"Are you threatening me, your highness?"

"What do you think?" the woman sneered. "I have a large wedding to plan, and you and those stupid cousins are not welcome, and if the lot of you aren't here to interfere, all the better."