"You care for them."

"Not as much as I care for you," Amelia replied, and dragged him from the room to Jacque's room.

"Well, it's about time," Ellis grinned, as Amelia and Ashton walked in the door. "Did you two kiss and make up?"

Amelia blushed.

"I take that as a yes," Ellis grinned. "So, what did you two have to talk about?"

Amelia sighed. "Can I tell them? It won't leave the room."

"I suppose so," Ashton said.

"The Queen gave Ashton an ultimatum," Amelia said. "If he wants the throne, he has to marry Serena."

"No," everyone gasped.

"Or, the princess of Jardonia," she added.

The cousins looked at Amelia. "Wait; what?" Jacque asked.

"You heard me," Amelia said. "I told Ashton that even though he doesn't know the princess, he should give it a shot. She has got to be better than Serena."

The boys busted out laughing. "That is a fact," Jacque grinned. "Anyone would be better than her."

"I think you should marry the princess," Becky said, watching Amelia. "I think you would be a great match. I am her cousin, after all."

Ashton turned to Becky. "That's right. How is she? I mean as a person."

"She is very kind and beautiful," Becky said. "You will like her."

"But," Ashton said, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know if you four have noticed, but I kind of like Amy a lot."

The four of them chuckled.

"Yes, we can tell," Ellis grinned, "but if you can get out of a marriage to Serena, then I say propose to the princess. Who knows, you might end up liking her too."

"I don't know," Ashton said, collapsing onto the couch. "What if she isn't what I want? I found what I want, but I can't have her," he whispered, looking at Amelia.

"Amy understands, Ashton," Victor spoke up, "right, Amy?"

"I do," Amelia whispered.

"But why? Why would you let me do this?" Ashton asked.

"Because you won't give up your throne," Amelia pointed out.

"Yes, I know. If I don't marry Serena or the princess, the throne will go to you, Jacque."

Jacque frowned. "Bloody hell. I don't want the throne. That is too much work."

"But, you would take it if I ended up not marrying either girl."

"Yes, I suppose I would," Jacque said, looking pleadingly at Amelia.

"I don't know what to do," Ashton whispered.

"I say that you should give it a few days," Becky said. "On Saturday, meet with the princess. If she really isn't what you want, surprise your family and give up the throne to be with Amy."

Ashton turned to look at Amelia. "I, yes, I could do that," he whispered.

"You really would?" Ellis asked in surprise.

"Yes, I think I would," Ashton said, standing to walk over to Amelia. "If I don't like the princess, I want to be with you, throne or not, Amy."

"Wow," Becky whispered. "That is real love."

"I agree," Ellis said, "dammit, I wanted a chance with her."

Everyone laughed at Ellis, who winked at Amelia.