vienna

I was in the bathroom pacing

I was in the bathroom pacing. Questions lingering in my head of if I should sign the accords or retire.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." I hear king T'chaka say as I slowly walk in the room. I see T'challa spot something in the window. I raise my eyebrow as I walk over to him. "Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace." King T'chaka states. I look down to see something horrible. "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" I shout as I take off my heels quickly and run far from the window to dive down somewhere safely as the explosion hit.

______________

I lay on one of the benches shocked and upset. I could've stopped this. I could've saved him.

I stare at natasha and t'challa and I decided to walk towards them. "T'Challa. Task force will decide who brings in Barnes." I hear natasha say. Bucky? No. God please no. I widen my eyes in fear for my friend. I sit down next to natasha as t'challa clenches his fist. "Don't bother, Miss Romanoff. I'll kill him myself." He says. I look in shock as he walks away.

Natasha's phone rings and she answers it. It was steve. She puts him on speaker for both us to hear him. "Yeah?" She asks steve. "You both alright?" Steve asks. "Ah, yeah, thanks. We got lucky." I say. Natasha stands up and I decide to too. "I know how much Barnes means to you. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please." Natasha says. I look at her worriedly.

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?" Steve asks natasha. "No. Someone will. If you interfere. That's how it works now." Natasha says back. "If he's this far gone, Nat, I should be the one to bring him in." Steve says. "Why?" Natasha asks. "Because I'm the one least likely to die trying." Steve says as he ends the call. I look up and smirk as I see a very familiar face in a cap and glasses. "I'll be back red" I say as i walk over as steve notices me and hurries off before he gets spotted by anyone else. "1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me." Sam says.  "Hey boys" I say as I wrap one arm around Steve's shoulder and kisses his cheek as I sit down on a bar stool. I smirk at them. "How-" steve says before I cut him off. "I'm one of the most complex agents there is steve, a cap and glasses don't hide much" I say at steve. "Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." A young blonde says. My smirk drops as I see her. "That's sharon carter, Peggy's niece" steve states. "Oh" I say as I wrap a arm around his. I'm not jealous. I don't think.

Sharon slides a file over to steve. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now . . . so that's all the head start you're gonna get." She says. "Thank you." Steve says. "And you're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." Sharon says.