Possessive tendencies (6)

Start from the beginning

"Yes. My father was one as well, and when he turned 22, he was supposed to merge with my mom, his twin, but that didn't happen." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because siphoners are considered abominations and my grandpa did want to take a chance that he would win the merge," I explained.

"That was why your mother sent you away," Kol said in realization.

"Yes."

"Guess that means killing bio aunt is off the table," Kol said, sounding disappointed.

"That was never on the table," I muttered.

"Sure it wasn't," Kol replied.

I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"What happened to cause your father to be sent into a prison world?" Kol wondered.

"He cut out my mom's spleen and killed four of his younger siblings," I answered.

Kol sounded impressed on the other line. "You can survive without a spleen. How did he kill his siblings?"

"Drowning, stabbing, and hanging." I answered quickly.

"Not bad..." Kol muttered. "Could have added a little flair to it but for a newbie psycho, not bad."

"Kol now is not the time to be complimenting my dad on his killing methods." I reprimanded, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, please, sister. Like you are not impressed by his methods." Kol replied,

"That's not the point, brother," I replied, defensively.

"Whatever..." Kol conceded. "So tell your big brother, what's gotten your undies in a twist."

"My dad tortured me...then said he was proud of me and let me go," I said, bluntly. "And now, I don't know how to feel."

"....what?" Kol asked, tone significantly darker. "I will tear him limb from limb for daring to harm you..."

"Did you not hear what I said?" I asked, exasperated.

"Of course not, I stopped listening after you said 'tortured'" Kol responded. "Now, where may I find him so that I can kill him?"

I rolled my eyes. "You aren't killing him"

"Yes, I am," Kol responded.

"I don't want you to kill him," I said, frowning.

"Why? Because he said he was proud of you? He was most likely lying." Kol sneered.

"Hah! So you were listening!" I called him out, grinning.

"Little sister, back to the point." He directed.

I sighed. "I don't think he was lying..."

"So, what, sister? You are going to let him get away with torturing you?" Kol asked, sounding agitated.

"Do you really think that little of me, brother?" I asked, with a little smirk. "Of course I'm not going to let him get away with it, I'm already planning my revenge but this is my fight, not yours."

"Very well," Kol replied. "However, if he harms you again, I will feed him his own heart."

I laughed. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Now, sister, if you require my aid, do not hesitate to ask," Kol said sternly.

"I won't," I promised. "I'll call you soon."

My thumb hovered over 'end call'.

But I heard a hesitant noise from Kol on the other line, causing me not to hang up.