"I look ridiculous with this bandage on my forehead," Amelia complained.

"But you need it for a few more days," Ellis pointed out, "or it can get infected, right?"

"Right," she sighed, watching him as he worked. He smiled at her, his blue eyes watching her closely.

"You are truly beautiful; you know that?" Ellis said, then kissed her softly.

Amelia gasped, as did the others.

"Really, bro?" Jacque growled.

"I couldn't help myself," Ellis grinned, winking at Amelia. "Her lips were just irresistible and so close to mine. You taste wonderful, by the way," he smiled, making Amelia blush.

"Okay, enough with the sappy stuff," Becky grumbled. "Can we go now?"

"Just about," Ellis grinned and finished bandaging Amelia's arm. "Okay, good to go now. I can change your bandages every day if you would like me to, Amy."

"That is fine, and how come I didn't know you were going to become a doctor?"

"I guess it didn't come up, and where I am on college break, I don't have to do any clinicals, or work at the hospital right now."

"How many more years of schooling?" Amelia asked him.

"Three. I am a nurse right now, working my way up the ladder."

"Oh, that's cool," she smiled at him. "I bet the women patients love having you be their nurse."

Ellis flushed, while Jacque laughed. "They do," Jacque supplied. "Ellis has had many women try and give him their phone numbers."

"Especially the ancient ones," Ellis shuddered, making Amelia giggle. He winked at her. "Come on, beautiful, let's get you home, well to the palace anyway."

"Not quite yet," came a voice from the doorway.

Amelia looked to see who it was and saw the officer that had pulled Becky over a few days before.

"When I was told that I needed to come and get a statement from a beautiful young woman named Amy, I was hoping it was you," he winked at her, making her blush. "I heard you were in an accident two days ago."

"Yes," Amelia nodded. "Someone ran the stop sign and hit us."

"Yes, so the prince said. You have all the luck," he chuckled. "How does the prince know you?"

"I am the prince's cousin," Becky spoke up, "and Amy is staying with me in the palace."

"I see, but why were you in his limo?" Officer Brewen asked, jealousy tainting his voice.

"I was going to help hand out food to the poor," Amelia admitted.

"I see, and the limo was hit by some nut job on the way to hand out the food."

"Yes," Amelia nodded.

"What do you remember about the accident?" Kip asked her, writing things down as she talked.

"Not much. I was visiting with the prince, I suddenly felt the limo get hit, and everything was blank from there. Then I woke up here."

"You don't know who hit you then?"

"I didn't even see the vehicle," Amelia said.

"I see. Well, from what we learned, the man was out to get the prince, and you, unfortunately, were in the way."

"Oh," she frowned.

"You seem to be having a run of bad luck, Amy," he teased her. "First, those men try and attack you, and then this accident."

"Yes, I know," Amelia whispered.

"Try and stay out of trouble now, okay?" he teased her.

"I will try," she smiled at him.

"You still have my number if you need me, right?"

"I do," Amelia assured him.

"May I get yours in case I have a few more questions?" he asked.

"Sure," she said and told him what it was. Instead of writing it on his paperwork, he put it into his phone and then winked at her.

"Have a good day, Amy. You will be hearing from me," he promised, then left the room.

"Okay then," Jacque chuckled. "What is it with all these men falling for you, Amy?" he teased her, making her blush.

"I didn't know they were," she said.

"You had better believe that we are," Ellis smiled. "But you are an incredible woman. Look at what you have done for this kingdom already. You would make a great Queen; you know that? Not that I would want you to marry Ashton because us men want you to ourselves," he grinned, "but you would change this kingdom around, and make it thrive, just like your parents have made theirs thrive."

"Thank you, Ellis, but I want to see the prince's true colors before I even tell him who I am. I don't want to let him know who I am if he is going to act like a royal jerk and not even care about others."

"True," Ellis smiled. "And as I said, I don't want to give you up."

He then put an arm about her waist and helped her to her feet. "Come on, let's go home, shall we?"

"I'm riding with Jacque, though," Amelia said.

"Yes, so hands-off, brother," Jacque chuckled, stepping forward and taking Amelia from him.

"I wish I had men clamoring over me," Becky sighed.

"Too bad my brother is your cousin," Amelia grinned. "He is handsome."

"I know he really is. I just hope that Serena doesn't try and get her claws in him."

"Knowing my brother, he will ignore her," Amelia said, then looked at Jacque. "I am ready, good sir."

He chuckled. "Lead on, my lady."