Another cloud of gray smoke slipped past my lips as chills spiraled through my entire body – inside out. With each passing moment, his aggression was much more vivid – though it was slowly beginning to be mixed with something much worse.

There was no doubt in my mind that this was dedicated to someone Tobias had once loved.

Arousal.

That's what I felt once the tunes had shifted – it was erotic, captivating and inviting. I could imagine him fucking this woman, blowing her brains out. I could almost hear his groans, moans and the way his eyes were full of lust and desire for this person only.

The air changed drastically and despite it being a colder night – I felt my body getting hot as fuck. I was horny and in a desperate need for a release.

Though, it was only then that the music had stopped and I ran back to my room. A small voice in my head told me that I was being way too loud and that he heard me, but the other one tried to reassure me that he was also in his own world at the moment and his main focus wasn't me.

However, that's what I wanted the most. To be the object of his desire, to be the one he was playing the songs for and most importantly – the person he would get to fuck at the end of the night, to be the one person who could make him feel safe enough to release all that anger through sex.

I couldn't help it – as soon as I was sure that the door was locked and I was safely under covers, my hand traveled down, and I didn't think it was possible for me to be as wet as I was.

I almost drew blood from my bottom lip from the force of my teeth – it would've been way too shameful for him to hear me masturbating, in his own home. And quite honestly, I never would've believed that a man playing the piano could be able to make me climax within a minute.

A cold shower followed, with hopes that he was peacefully asleep and that he hadn't heard me.

For the first time in months, I slept in. Usually, I would be up and ready by eight in the morning, however, today, I woke up feeling refreshed and finally well rested. When I glanced at the clock, my eyes almost fell out of their sockets.

It was noon.

Hurriedly, I brushed my teeth, did my small morning routine before walking down the stairs. I was surprised to find Tobias reading the newspaper, with a coffee in his hands.

''I'm sorry.'' I mumbled and went to grab a cup of coffee for myself.

''Why are you apologizing?''

''For sleeping in, I am normally not like this.''

I sat down across from him and he neatly folded the newspaper, before giving me a blank stare, ''And here I thought you were apologizing for spying on me last night.''

I froze, ''I have no idea what you're talking about.''

Though I did try to act nonchalant, I was busted.

''First of all, you're not as light on your feet as you might think you are.'' He stated, firmly, ''Second of all, if you're going to take a cigarette without someone knowing, here's a tip: never take the last one. I noticed that, too.''

I ignored him and watched a few tiktok videos while sipping on the warm beverage. We drank the rest of our coffees in silence, neither uttering a word. Me, because I was busted and didn't know the appropriate way to act, and him, because he didn't have anything to say to me.

Once I was done I stood up to wash my cup and almost instantly, I could feel his body closer to mine. My heartbeat began racing, but I tried to keep my poker face and act unbothered.

He slowly put his cup down in the sink next to mine. I got the courage to look over my shoulder and meet his eyes, only to find out his eyes were locked on my lips – on the nasty cut I made last night.

''What happened to your lip?'' His voice was soft, almost as if he was concerned.

''Why? You could always kiss it and make it better.''

Tobias rolled his eyes and sighed. My dirty mind immediately made up a scenario of him fucking me and rolling his eyes back in ecstasy.

''I honestly can't seem to understand if you just have a flirty personality or if you're truly trying to do something here.''

My heart skipped a beat, ''And if I told you that I was actually interested in you and wasn't joking?''

His response came almost instantly, which shocked me, ''I would tell you to look for someone your age. Men my age don't have the time for games.''

''It doesn't have to be a game, Tobias.'' Shut the fuck up, Rose.

The problem was, I wanted it to be a game. But it wasn't like me. I was the type of person to fall in love with the slightest of attention and this whole situation wasn't good for me. If anything, I would be the one to fall in love with him and end up with a broken heart.

I turned around and the proximity of our bodies made my breath hitch in my throat. His soft breath tickled my nose as the height difference only now became apparent – I was tall, five foot nine, and considering how I was looking up to meet his eye, he must have been at least six feet four.

He slowly placed his palm on my cheek and I leaned into his touch. His eyes held so much sympathy, and he tried to be as gentle as possible.

''You're young, Mia. You should stay here, endure it for another two months and spend the rest of your youth enjoying your life. Don't waste it on someone like me, I don't deserve it and you should focus on yourself.''

I understood his words, but I didn't want to listen. Something in his voice told me that despite meaning all of it, he didn't truly want me to oblige.

''I never told you my middle name.''

He was quick to take a step back and look at me with a fearful look. It was the first time I was truly able to decipher what his eyes were telling me, and he didn't like it.

Without another word or glance thrown my way, he left the kitchen and soon after, I heard the car pull out of the driveway.

He ran away and although it was funny, I was so much more determined to make this man mine. I didn't care anymore if my heart would end up being broken into pieces, if it meant that Tobias would be by my side.

And I only had two months to make that happen. It was time for me to make a plan and start acting upon the feelings that slowly began rising deeply inside of my heart.