𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟

Start from the beginning

Ever since they had enrolled in Night Raven College, though, every single day was a moment for exploration. He hadn't omitted the brief yet blissful adventure he travelled with Mira — he wouldn't wish to omit — accompanying with the other interesting students who had informed him about the surface. For a moment, he also recollected about last year's Magical Shift tournament: the stalls aligned on the side weren't as glanderous and appealing as they weren't authorised by Azul, Diasomnia won for the consecutive time — despite it being their first time looking at people fight for a disk using their magic, the entertainment had vanished one by one becoming insipid.

That was, until this year.

First, Azul was the one who hosted it with his exceptional management talents. It was to be anticipated, Floyd and Jade had high expectations to see how far their octopus of a friend could go — and they weren't disappointed that it went well with flying colours. Second, he was able to discern and learn more about Mira. As sceptical as she was by fortitude, he perceived as if he was able to become friendlier with her just by noticing the girl hastening nearby with the shamrock evening gown, her hands elegantly embracing the facets of the skirt like some Disney princess as her heels clicked and clacked the smokey grey slabs encompassing the campus. 

Third, he got to see her at the stadium.

No, not relaxing on one of the multiple benches acclaiming her hands in optimism with Valaine, exchanging looks of enthusiasm and competitiveness. He saw her clad in her gym attire, the tag indicating 'NRC2-E07' with parakeet green accents aligned on the sleeves and collar, bandaids in a spectrum of pigments fixed on her delicate legs as white as the very first snowflake of winter; and that look. The look on her face of reliance, determination — as if everything would be fine as long as she was there.

The problem was, she wasn't feeling reliable. She wasn't feeling determination.

In all rectitude, Mira was bulldozed.

Her weight had depended on the broom standing upright from the earth, the bristles aggravating her field of vision, her eyes still puffy no matter how much she had tried to get rid of it. Standing beside her were the members of her team, still giving her quite the harsh treatment.

Harsh treatment?

That was the cause of why she was now holding a broom, after all.

Mira traced her memory back before Diasomnia had made their way to the stadium, the moment being just a few minutes ago. At that time, she was on her way to find Malleus and the eccentric crew in hopes of being allowed to join the competition unless it was too late. Sure, everyone had already signed their names to participate — but she didn't, meaning that she had to go and get last-minute permission from the dorm leader as soon as possible.

Once ambers had locked with the two protruding horns that seemed like a walking landmark, she had dashed her way towards it in triumph. 

"Malleus!" She called, her hands cupped collectively to raise the amplification of her voice. Spontaneously, the man had whirled around, exhibiting the other three members of Diasomnia behind him that all stuck out like a sore thumb. Trying to catch her breath, the girl slumped her back and rested her hands on her knees to inhale the air. 

"My, look, it's the one who's been keeping a secret from us the entire time," Malleus puffed without looking at her — of course, in such a juvenile custom that almost made Mira roll her eyes and stamp her crimson running shoes to rival with Malleus' sudden change in character; alternatively, she resolved to furrow her eyebrows to betoken confusion — and, at least obtain an explanation to why he was behaving that way.