Father Know's Best

Start from the beginning

Chapa's room

"He's ruining my life", Chapa told Mika over the phone. "He just cares about you", She tried to assure her friend. Chapa heard background noise coming from the phone. "Are you at the party?" Chapa questioned offended. Mika got quite."Um, i-no, i'm sorry, I AM. I didn't want to but Miles dragged me here and i can't believe i'm saying this but i am actually enjoying this," Mika said. Chapa shook her head.

 "Is Shawn there?" Chapa asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, he actually asked about you earlier," Mika gushed over the phone. Chapa blushed. He did!? 

"That's it! I'm going to this party," Chapa told Mika determined.

 "But your Dad said no," Mika reminded. "

Doesn't matter, i'll be there," Chapa said and hung up the phone. 

Shawn asked about her! she didn't even know he knew she existed. Chapa thought that he was so..BAD! Like everything about him was bad, but in a good way! He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants and she is here for it!

Mans Nest

Ray was still pretty bumed about his argument with Chapa. It was there first time fighting since he adopted her. He hated it. He sat on the couch scrolling through his phone and thinking. Was i too hard on her? Maybe i should take it easy? I mean she's a teenager, it happens. Right? He wishes he knew what to do. As he was thinking he heard footsteps coming closer. It was Chapa. He was a little taken back because he thought she was never coming out of her room. "Hey Dad, you were right i overreacted earlier, you were just trying to look out for me. I'm sorry", Chapa apologized. Ray should have suspected something but he was overjoyed things with him and his daughter was dying down.

 "Really? I am so glad you feel that way," He got up from the couch to hug her. As they hugged he kept her close remembering the reason he adopted her. He kissed the top of her head. "Yeah, now that that's over do you mind if i go play laser tag instead with a couple of my friends down at lee's peer?" She hopefully asked as they pulled apart. Chapa was starting to feel bad but then she remembered Shawn. Ray didn't want to upset her again and agreed. Better laser tag than an unsupervised party, right? "Thanks, love you," She quickly said as she ran out the front door. My girl, Ray thought. He should have suspected something because Chapa's clothes didn't look much like laser tag clothes.

Meanwhile with Chapa

Chapa should have felt bad for lying to Ray but she couldn't help it. There she was, stilling in a random living room with Mika to the right of her as teenagers partied behind her.. "You actually did it!" Mika said impressed. "Yeah," Chapa said but she wasn't as happy as she thought she was gonna be and Mika noticed. "Look! it's Shawn, maybe that will cheer you up!" Mika pointed to him as she walked over. Chapa started to panick but got herself together. "Hey, Chopper, right?" He greeted her. "Actually her name is Chap-" Once more Mika was cut off by Chapa. "He can call me Chopper if he wants too," She growled at Mika who put her hands up in defense. 

"Why don't i show you around?" Shawn gave Chapa that million-dollar bad-boy smile. 

"You don't even live here," Mika claimed.

 "Sure, that would be great", Chapa ignored her comment and went off with Shawn. 

Mika only smiled at her love-struck friend because she hasn't seen Chapa that happy since Ray adopted her. Then her smile faded as she remembered why Ray had to adopt her.  It was a tough path for all of them but Chapa was the most scarred before that night. She went over to Miles to ignore the thought.