He thought about it. The weird guy, who you brilliantly figured out was Sebastian, bent down and whispered into his master's ear. The child's eyes widened for a second then he narrowed them and looked at you. He ponders a bit more while keeping his icy gaze on you. You shift uncomfortably under his eyes.

He finally speaks after what feels like forever. "What is your name?"

"(fn) (ln)." You answer back, unsure if all of this is actually worth it because you are still standing out in the rain.

"I am the Earl Phantomhive, Ciel." He introduces himself, "I permit you to stay here for the night. Sebastian, make sure that our guest is comfortable." and with that, he goes inside of the house.

Sebastian Michaelis, as the weird guy introduced himself as, is Ciel's butler. He leads me to a room and tells me to take a warm bath and he will bring me some new clothes to wear.

"What about my old ones?" you ask suspiciously.

"I will wash and dry them for you." Then he adds, "I will return them to you, what need has my master of them?"

You felt the heat rising in your cheeks. Of course he would return them to you. You should not have been the slightest bit suspicious. He was right. Why would he take them? "Thank you." You say and he just nods and leaves.

You hear a knock at the door and you answer to find Sebastian with your change of clothes. Murmuring a quick 'thanks' you close the door and start to get changed. From the other side of the door, you can hear Sebastian's voice. Hold up. Did he just mention dinner!?

"Um... Sebastian? Did you just mention dinner?"

"Yes. The master knows it is late, but figures you haven't eaten yet, so I was told to prepare something for you after you got dressed."

You smile at the thought of Sebastian cooking. "Okay. I will be down in a second." Apparently satisfied with that answer, he leaves.

The door to your room opens slowly as you cautiously take a step out. Sebastian was a weird guy, so you don't know if he would try to sneak up on you and scare you to heaven. He obviously didn't like you and that's totally fine with you since you will be leaving first thing in the morning. If it's fine then why does my heart feel this way? You shake your head along with all of those thoughts of that dreamy weirdo. It's for the best.

When you sit at the table, Ciel is already there. Was he waiting for me? Thoughts swarm in your mind searching for the reason why. The thoughts are soon dissolved when you smell a heavenly aroma. Sebastian has just entered the dining hall with the most gorgeous and delicious smelling food you have ever witnessed in your life. He sets the food out in front of you and you are about to greedily dig in, when you notice something.

"Ciel, are you not eating with me?" You ask.

"No." He replies, "I have already eaten, but do not let that stop you."

"Thank you" you beam and quickly start to devour your food.

While in the middle of your meal, Ciel clears his throat, "What were you doing out there in that rain this late at night?" he asks.

You look up at the boy and swallow your mouthful. "I was actually on my way to the next town over in search of work. I do not like being idle for too long." You take a gulp of your refreshment. Man, that's good.

"Is that so? Would you like to work here?"

At his proposal, you nearly spit out your drink. "Are- Are you serious?!"

"Do I look like I joke around to you?" He did have a point.

"I would love to work here." You smiled a big toothy grin.

"Ok, but first we need to ask you some basic questions."

You coud see no harm in some questions so you agreed.

"How old are you?"

"16"

"Do you have any experience in managing a house?"

"Yes. I worked as a maid and cook for 3 years."

"Do you mind a live-in job."

"No."

"Ok. You get the job. Finish up here and get some rest Sebastian will show you the work that you must do tomorrow." and with that, Ciel left.

Sebastian took your plate and glass to the kitchen to wash and you met the other members of the staff. A goofy maid with thick glasses and pink hair named Mei-rin, a funny, blonde chef with a cigarette in his mouth named Baldroy, a cute, blonde, child-like landscaper named Finny, and some weird short, old guy named Tanaka. They warmly welcomed you with open arms.

As you made your way to your room, you saw Sebastian so you hurried over to him. "It's a pleasure being able to work with you. Everyone says only amazing things about you."

He looks at me and says, "I don't know what you are, but I won't allow you to lay one hand on the young master." Those words pierced your heart.