68-Foreign Diplomacy

Dinner had finally arrived at last, with a large assortment of choices to pick from. The Citadel still had a collection of guests present, along with its regular staffing, it would be difficult to have there be too much food for a meal with this kind of crowd.

Thanrie was noteing just how much demand there was for the Crystalline Blossom's dinner pie, to at least try a slice. She had herself been eager to try the results of her own effort. Lwyn was right, some of the plants involved in this were really interesting, building even further upon her interest in a vast selection of plants. Pretty plants were one thing, but so many plants were just so interesting because of how useful they were. The plants that had produced this cheesy quality, she learned they were Elniri in origin. Clearly it was stupid for the Wyxiri and Qiciri to ignore the Elniri, if they were going to stock such wonders as this.

In no time at all, Thanrie noticed her own portion had disappeared. She had a feeling it was entirely of her own fault, but that didn't make things any easier. Looking around, she noticed that the case of the disappearing pie wasn't only reclusive to her own plate. Lwyn went around collecting plates as everyone had already finished up. Thanrie was hard-pressed to ask for seconds, but knew that there was already too much demand for pie, it wouldn't be fair. If she was still hungry, she would have to enjoy something else.

While Lwyn was gone, suddenly the hall was filled with a commotion. Thanrie looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. "We have a bunch of new guests... Oh! The rebellion!" Mhyl, with her sharp senses, was able to figure things out way faster than Thanrie could have. Somehow, the Rebellion had taken this fine opportunity to arrive, which was causing a bit of a commotion. She looked around, noticing that both Rhyde and Zyuixqs were absent. She stood at the exact same time as Qheria, leaving Mhyl the only one still seated.

"Mhyl, make sure that Lwyn hears about what is going on. Considering her position here, it's going to be important for her to be aware of everything." Qheria then set off with Thanrie to step into the scene and calm everything down. They quickly found Zyuixqs and Rhyde being confronted by Zyuixqs' father, his presence also dominating against either of their efforts. "Welcome to the Citadel, I'm glad it appears everything on your side has panned out well enough. Might I compel you to come share a seat, so that we can talk about the events each of us have missed, and not cause such a ruckus of the Citadel's floor?" Qheria was taking over introductions, taking complete authority over the situation, her own stature stubbornly commanding respect of everyone present. Thanrie was impressed, clearly all of these noble formalities was actually sinking into Qheria, she was actually doing really well.

Lwyn returned with Mhyl in time for her to witness the resolution to the chaos. "That does indeed sound like an epic adventure. To have handled all four fronts with such a magnificent display, no wonder everyone here holds you four in such high regards. Thanrie, I must apologize for not taking full account for your own political disposition around here, like a warrior princess. Zyuixqs, my boy, you had best hurry if you wish to curry any favour, a war-maiden like this is certainly going to be the eye of every man the world across. Rhyde too, you can't hide it from me, I know your own heroic eye has been fixated on like qualities. I've known you for far too long to miss on things like this." The Rebellion leader himself was still very loud as he chuckled, even if he was still collected peacefully at a table.

Thanrie was starting to catch on how Zyuixqs had developed some of his worst influence. His father didn't even seem aware of his own company, his own hosting. Still, Thanrie was liking that his words were putting her own ability in high regard. She wasn't just some pretty face, she was also pretty deadly too when it was required. Zyuixqs himself just looked rightfully embarrassed at all this outburst from his father. Both Qheria and Rhyde were visibly looking for a way out of this mess, having regretted throwing themselves into it.

Vitae Memorandumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें