meeting remy

reader pov:

    I walked into my new job, a high class restaurant. I'm a new sauce chef, as I walk into the kitchen I look around and see the other chefs. There's only one woman. It's so hectic in here...

     "Hello, I'm the new chef", I introduce myself to the head chef, who is surprisingly short. He seems a little cranky so I get to work asap. while working, I see something odd out of the corner of my eye.

     I turn to see what I saw, and it's a little rat. He's a blue-ish color and he seems a little stressed, trying to help on a soup that no one's working on currently. I feel my eyes widen, but also I'm blushing?? what is this feeling? why this tiny rat?

    I see another chef coming, so I slip over and grab the little rat. He squeak's a little and shove him in my pocket.

"I'm taking a break, someone take over my station"

I see someone nod and I rush out the door. Once I get away so no one can see me, I grip the little rat in my pocket and stare into his Beady eyes, trying to calm the thumping of my heart.

"little rat! what are you doing in a kitchen?!", the rat just shrugs and looks away. I sigh and lightly set him down.

He stares into my eyes and I start to wonder 'why isn't he running like a normal rat'.  I inhale and try to think about what to say.

"Okay little rat, can you understand me?", the rat nods and I gasp a little. wow he's a cute rat AND he's a smart rat. I wonder if he can cook since he's in my restaurants kitchen?

Remy pov:

I'm staring into this weird humans eyes. why haven't they killed me yet? maybe they aren't like normal humans..i kinda like that...

I shyly look away, I can't catch feelings for a simple human, it wouldn't be right. a rat x human is crazy

"so little rat, why don't you stay out of the kitchen, and just stay in my pocket? then later you can stay at my apartment?" I nod rapidly, since I want to see more of this peculiar human.

I stay in their warm pocket while I watch them cook, it's truly beautiful. such a beautiful person cooking a beautiful food.

*time skip*

Reader pov:

I reach my apartment and unlock the door, quickly letting down my new rat friend and letting him explore. I suddenly get an idea.

I grab a piece of paper, and write down the entire alphabet.

"Okay little rat, I want you to go to each letter that spells your name, so I don't have to call you little rat anymore", I looked at him and he nodded.

remy...wow what a handsome name. "alright Remy, I think it's time we head to bed okay? you can sleep next to me"

He nods rapidly and lays next to my head. I turn to face him and I realize just how close we are. and just how handsome he is for a rat.

Upclose I can see his tiny beady eyes, so dark and pretty, I can see his long nose, with those little pink nostrils. I can see that beautiful shade of blue that his fur is. he's so pretty, this rat deserves model opportunities.

it takes me a minute to realize that he's staring at me too.

"squeak"