Ryker watched his brother jogged off down the sidewalk and rounded the corner before turning his attention back to Mary who was still asleep. He opened the vehicle door gently. The female was a heavy sleeper. She didn't wake up when the vehicle came to a stop, nor did she wake up when he opened the vehicle door gently.

He caught her just in time before she fell into a puddle on the hard cement ground. Carrying her in his arms, he walked them inside. On one shoulder he carried his duffle bag.

When they reached the check-in desk, the kind lady associates quietly checked them in before handing him their key cards.

Walking down the contemporary designed hallway, Ryker was glad that the hotel was decent because their only other choice was a small run-me-down motel that didn't look at all safe or all that clean.

Going to the elevator, he clicked on the second floor. The elevator jerked just as the door closed and they were being lifted to the second floor. Mary's eyes opened. He felt her stiffen in his arms.

Slowly, he let her down on her feet. She rubbed her swollen red eyes and squinted around her in confusion.

"Where are we?" Mary inquired.

"I decided we needed a few hours of sleep before we get back on the road," Ryker replied.

Oddly enough, he was slightly missing her warm body in his arms. Without thinking, he folded his arms across his chest.

"Oh, you are tired?" she asked innocently.

He smirked without thinking at her response.

"Not really, but we are going to need it. Tomorrow is going to be a long day."

"Aren't we going back to the pack?"

He had left the details of their detour out of his offer. She didn't know.

"No, there is something I need to do before we head back to the pack." He left it at that. There was no further explanation.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. Ryker stepped out first. He walked casually while reading the room numbers on the walls. He tried not to pay attention to her, but his complete backside was aware of her presence. His ears could hear her soft footsteps.

Mary looked delectable in his clothes. Even though his clothes covered almost every part of her body.

He stopped when he reached their room. Stopping and turning to look behind him, Mary stood right behind him. He expected her to run to the other side. Protest. Possibly break down and cry again, but she didn't.

Instead, she looked at him and waited.

"Are you okay with sharing a room with me? I am not comfortable with you sleeping in a separate room, especially when we are in unknown territory," he said.

"It should be fine," she replied.

She was okay with it. He should be relieved, but he felt that her quick agreement to share a room with him was unexpected. Not that he minded that she said yes because, in an unknown territory like this, things can get a little hairy.

He opened the door for them both. Mary walked inside first. Her eyes moved to the two-queen size bed, and he saw her should sag in relief.

Mary walked up to the nearest bed and placed a hand on the mattress. He closed the door behind him and walked to the other bed. He placed the duffle bag on the adjacent bed.

"Where are the others? Did they get themselves rooms too?" she questioned, and Ryker regarded her skeptically.

Did she not see his enforcers running out of the jeep when she wouldn't stop crying?