Chapter Twenty-Nine: Paws and Ears

Start from the beginning

I can't just take advantage of Sayori sleeping like this. Once she finds out, she'll be creeped out if I just fell asleep in her arms.

"Sayori, wake up.." I try and nudge my way out from her arms, but her grip is stronger then I thought it would be.

"Nnnnggg..." Sayori grumbles sleepily, shifting around before staying still again.

"Sayori."

"W-Waaat..?" Sayori mumbles sleepily, keeping her eyes closed.

"Wake up, we're going to be late." I say, watching her as she yawns.

"Five more minutes.."

"No, I've already let you sleep for five extra minutes..!"

"Then.. Ten more.." Sayori slowly opens her eyes, the blue in them still sparkling and fresh as they are just starting to wake up.

She glances around the room tiredly before her eyes landed on me. She smiled softly. "Hey Mr. Teddy.."

I feel myself blushing. "U-Uh, Sayori.."

Her eyes suddenly widen as if she's just now woken up, and just now realized that she's holding me. Or, at least, she's holding a talking animal.

"AAAHH!!" She screams, sitting up and jerking back while extending her arms out to hold me up.

"AH-" The sudden movement causes me to yelp in surprise, making Sayori jump and fall backwards off the bed while holding me.

She hits the ground on her back loudly while I transform back into a human, only keeping the fox tails that brushed against ground. I kneeled on my legs over Sayori who was still grabbing onto my waist, probably too shocked to let go.

I feel the fox ears brush against my head as I stare down at her, Sayori's eyes blankly starring back up at me.

"..."

"..."

"Damn, why didn't I bring the popcorn?"

W-What?

"Whaaat? Come on! This is a big scene right now!"

T-This isn't anything..!

"What? Girl, you can't be serious with me right now. You can clearly see as well as I what just happened."

I try to keep myself from blushing harder then I am already. "G-Good morning~"

Sayori giggles, her ears tinted a light pink. "L-Looks like you transformed, huh?"

"Ahaha~ Yeah, s-sorry.."

"Ehehe~ It's o-okay..!"

I jerk my eyes to the door as someone begins banging on it loudly. A muffled voice comes from behind the door. "Hey! Sayori, Monika! What's taking so long? We're gonna be late for breakfast!"

Oh crap- I forgot-

But Sayori and I continue to lock eyes, just starring at each other, both embarrassed we're in this situation.

Ah.. I feel really dizzy..

Why do I..?

I don't..

I kinda like the feeling.. In a weird way..

D-Did Sayori always look this nice..?

"HEY!" The angered girl from behind the door thrusts her fists into it again, this time louder. "OPEN UP!"