For This

A team was divided by the uninvited.

A killer was in the presence of a team once united. Puting the silent killer between their lips inviting a stroke into their lungs and liver. A field of green with less of a team. Four or five, were soon gone from practice the next day. Didn't matter if they inhaled or exhaled they were derailed. Those girls knew smoking kills, but that didn't matter. They loved how it felt. The earlier it starts the earlier it kills. And as that soccer ball hits the net, I and the rest of us knew where they went. The bleachers full, of locals and teachers and some whom were outsiders who wouldn't have known. "Let's finish strong" coach promised, in the midst of the absence. As I hit the bench after running in the rain, I sit in pain. Grieving for the friend I lost, her brain overcome with something more addictive than cocaine. But, oh she's still alive, but the part I knew is now withdrew. Teens there not lost in the video games it's in the vape, but not all of them, that's not just something they say. Some are smart enough to run away. The children are our future. But they are clouding it with smog, flavored smog.

People die for this. Cry for this. Get choked out of their own right mind for this. Beg, Cheat, lie and fuck some guy for this, for what? A trade payed in vape? But it's just water, right? Flavored water vape. That's what they say. And I just walk away.