Chapter 2

I wake up, and take my phone to look at the time. It's already 1pm?!?! What??!?!. I've had an awful dream. Actually, it was more of like a flashback to when one direction was still a thing. Like a memory, rather than an actual dream. Though, I hope that dream won't torment my sleep again. Louis and I... let's just say... things didn't really end well between us.

We met back at the X-Factor, when we were two hormonal teenagers who got the opportunity to live their dream, along with three other fantastic boys. It was no bed of roses, but once we admitted to each other our feelings, there was no way back. At least, it felt like that to me. My feelings for him only got deeper as time went by. Even when we argued or were appart for a long time, my love for him prevailed all along. However, after several warnings from management, we were given an ultimatum: if we kept being as affectionate with each other in public as we had been until then, we would get expelled from the group. It felt surreal, and not in a good way. We had no choice but to comply with "our new duty", but that didn't mean we would give each other the silence treatment behind closed doors.

Nevertheless, misunderstandings started taking place. Us not being allowed to behave freely, caused for some tension to build up in the group overall. And, in order to "smooth things over", we broke it off. Ending our relationship was one of the most painful things I've ever done in my whole life. It was me who finally felt his body give out. I couldn't stand how badly our relationship was going down hill, and before that would breed hatred, I just had to cut off Louis.

A couple months later, he had started dating Eleanor, which only made things worse. And then, THAT NIGHT occurred. It felt like a turning point, and it ended up being one, for a few months later the group dissolved and Louis and I didn't talk to each other for the longest time.

I don't want to torture myself thinking about that, so I decide to get on with my routine. Righ now it's 2 pm, and I'm starving. Guess I'll have to cook...Ugh. This just made me remember that first time Louis cooked, and it was for me... He made me that renowned meal of his: chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with a side of homemade mash. Just thinking about it makes me want to eat it again, so I'm just going to try to cook it.

It's been half an hour and I'm finally done cooking. This time, I decide to eat in my backyard so I can admire the views. When I finally dig in, I inevitably get sad, as that dish makes me remember Louis, and it eventually leads me down memory road... God, isn't it stupid how emotional I just got from only tasting some chicken? It's the corona. Definitely.

Although, I have to admit, when Louis cooked this meal, it tasted a hundred times better (even though I'm not a bad cooker myself).

***

It's been a week and I've been talking 24/7 with Louis. We had to catch up, since we hadn't talked for awhile. Listening to everything he's done without me, makes me feel proud but sad at the same time. He has improved a lot with his career, and everyone knows it, duh, but the thought of him being happy without me makes my heart ache, for we used to share everything. In spite of making up after a couple years of not speaking to each other, our friendship hadn't ever felt the same again. And now, although it's from a distance, I think we're getting close again...

Well, at least he is doing well. I've heard on the news that we are going to start quarantining this week, which makes me lose hope on seeing Louis. I wanted to meet up with him, but I guess now we won't be able to. I mean, I obviously stand for all the population staying safe and healthy, but it still is a bummer...

Suddenly I hear my phone ringing. Oh my god, it's Louis! He is face timing me! I try to calm myself before picking up the phone. I don't want to sound desperate, because, like... we've talked everyday for several weeks, but every time I hear his voice I get butterflies in my stomach (yeah, I still do). After a minute of letting my phone ring, I answer.