We walked inside and Tobias instructed me to wait in the living room while he brought my things to the room I'd be staying in, which was on the second floor.

I was taking all of the interior around me. It was beautiful, the living room had a big wall to wall bookshelf that was long ago filled with books. Some picture frames decorated it.

A few of them were with Tobias and an unknown woman. They were awfully close to each one, hugging and smiling widely.

Of course, it wasn't my place to question who the woman was, but for one moment I felt an intense wave of jealousy take over me.

No, not because she was drop dead gorgeous, or because he had his arm around her. It was because of the most mesmerizing smile he had on his face, because of her.

Not once in my twenty three years of life had I seen such a pure smile. I could instantly tell that whoever she was, she meant the world to Tobias.

I forced myself to look away. On the other side was a small fire place that was yet to be lit, but it fit the room amazingly.

In the middle was a couch, a rocking chair and a small coffee table. All in all, it was a pretty and cozy house and I could see myself living in a house like that in a few years.

As I heard the footsteps, I made myself comfortable on the couch and waited for Tobias to come.

"Alright," he began speaking and somehow I got the impression that I was about to be lectured, "You can make yourself comfortable in the house. Your room has a small bathroom attached to it, it's for you to use only. There's a key if you're ever uncomfortable."

That was more than nice of him. It wasn't going in the direction I thought it would.

"That's sweet. Thank you."

He nodded his head and I was yet to earn even the slightest smile from him.

"There are three rooms in the basement. One is forbidden for you to enter, the other one has a washing machine and a dryer, and the last one is a prayer room."

I couldn't stop the laughter from slipping out of my mouth, "Are we praying to Satan?"

Tobias wasn't impressed with my joke.

"Get it? Since the prayer room is in the basement, and hell is underground—" I sighed, "Oh come on, the joke isn't funny anymore if I have to explain it."

He blinked, "It wasn't funny to begin with."

"Yes, it was." I mumbled.

At the same time, my stomach made a really ugly sound. He glanced down and I turned my head away in embarrassment.

I had something brief for dinner last night since my appetite was almost non-existent and I haven't had the chance to eat breakfast this morning.

Tobias chuckled, "Go and wash up, I'll prepare something for breakfast. Are you a picky eater?"

I shook my head, "No but I'm allergic to mushrooms."

He nodded his head, "Understood. Your room is the second door to the left."

Upon reaching the top of the stairs, I was met with a small hallway. It had two sets of door on each side, and since the first one on the right had the door slightly open, I assumed it was the bathroom and most likely the same thing.

The smell of freshly washed sheets hit my nose. It was lavender, and coincidentally, my favorite smell of all times. I was quick to take out all of the necessary items for showering, before I could jump straight into bed.