the nightmare

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! Murder and suicide extremely detailed!

I am walking to my sibling's room. I am holding a knife that I had gotten from the kitchen. I cannot stop myself. I open the door to their room and wake the youngest up. I shush her and cover her mouth when I make my way to her. I grab her throat and stab her in the stomach. Her eyes are pleading for her life. Inside, I am crying. Outside, I am smiling. Blood covers my hand. I have to stop myself from laughing. I do not want to wake the other two. I move on to the second oldest and grab him by the throat. He wakes up but cannot scream. He tries to gasp for air but cannot. My grip is too strong. I stab his chest, bringing the knife down slowly to his stomach. He doesn't even try to scream. Tears roll down his face. He looks me in the eyes. His eyes say everything. That he still loved me, even if I had just given him a fatal wound. I moved on to the next and oldest of my younger siblings. She was awake and holding a gun. I knew she could see me. Mother had taught her how to use a gun in case something happened. I don't think that she thought that she would ever have to use that gun on me. Inside, I was screaming at her to shoot me. On the outside, I laughed. I grabbed the gun and shot her in the nose. She was dead instantly.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had only been dreaming. It was only a dream. That's when I smelled it. Blood. I looked at myself, seeing my hands and nightgown stained with blood. I gasped, looking at my siblings. Each of them was dead. Every single one of them was dead. And I had killed them. I grabbed my knife and put it over my heart. I had to do this before my parents found out. Then I remembered. They died, too. I killed them. I killed my entire family. I brought the knife down and cried out in pain. I heard the police. I had to die before they got there. I couldn't tell them that I had killed my entire family. I just couldn't. So, I dug the knife deeper. It had gone in sideways. I had inserted it wrong. I felt someone pull the knife from my chest.

"You're going to be okay. I'm here now."

I looked up to see my father standing above me, a smile on his face. He stabbed me in the heart and himself in the stomach. I was dead before the paramedics got to me.