𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Start from the beginning

"i'd rather die, take a beatinganything! i just need her to be alright"

the seven boys turns to one another, looking over at eachother before they land on the general's figure.

"i know you're worried seonghwa, but letting your emotions take over... you're not thinking straight" yeosang starts "there has to be some way we could stop you from going on this suicide mission and take back jiyeol"

"there's no way" seonghwa sighs in defeat "aurora writes down our destinies and maybe... this was just really meant to be. i was never born to have a happy life, guys"

"dont you dare say that park seonghwa" the blonde leers at him "you have gone through hell and back and if anyone of us deserves to be happy, its you"

everyone collectively nods "we'll get jiyeol back"

"fu—" san snaps his head towards the brunette, mouthing a 'no cursing'. yeosang rolls his eyes before laying his hands flat on the table.

"fart aurora, if this was already written down... then i guess we'll just have to rewrite your destiny"

༺❀༻

seonghwa was all geared up, his usual black uniform on with a couple of daggers hidden underneath.

he had his favorite long dagger in its sheath, the silver metal patiently waiting to taste blood.

he reaches up to clasp the ring around his neck, looking at it through his reflection.

"are you ready?" san peeks through his door, his blonde hair doing its usual contrast to the interior of his room.

san eyes the general, his gaze quickly shifting to the forget-me-not painting still sitting in its original position near the shelves.

seonghwa hums as he tucks the ring under his shirt, turning towards the blonde with a small smile.

"i'll make sure to bring jiyeol back" the general embraced his friend, tightly, for it may be the last time he'll be able to do it.

"if something happens to me... remember your promise san, take care of her"

the blonde knocks him on the head "nothing's going to happen to you. it'll be better to be missing a limb than your life, keep that in mind for me— for us and especially jiyeol"

seonghwa smiles, a genuine one "alright"

the two exits the room, walking down the halls until they reached the foyer where jongho and yeosang were.

the two instantly came towards him, circling around the general in a hug. they try to be extra careful, knowing that they all had some injuries.

"ow ow ow" yeosang utters as he pulls back, his hand pressing against his side.

the youngest chuckles as san slings his uninjured arm around his brother.

"be careful hwa" jongho says as they started walking outside, the general's steed already waiting.

"i will"

seonghwa gives them each a last goodbye before mounting his horse. he pats the animal on the head, caressing it gently as he finally sits upright.

"let's go save my wife"

the horse starts moving on his command, galloping away from the manor as its speeded towards their meeting place.

in the letter, there was a specific date written along with a time as well as a location.

they were meeting in unmyeong. from the general's knowledge, unmyeong was an open field with a forest surrounding it, found just near tiany's border.

with the speed he's in and how he was alone... it'll only take him a couple of hours to get there.

his eyes were full of determination, his heart pounding in his chest as it follows the rhythm of the horse's galloping.

hours seemed to fly by so fast, the once sunny sky turning grey as clouds covered every inch of the blue canvas.

a small droplet lands on his face, followed by another but he doesn't stop.

seonghwa soon reaches the meeting place with a few minutes to spare. the sky was already pouring, soaking his figure from head to toe.

he swipes his hair back as he dismounts his steed, tying the horse to a tree as he makes sure that the animal wasnt getting soaked by the rain.

the general looks left and right, spotting countless rows of trees and shrubbery.

he gives his horse one last pat on the head before making his way towards the middle of the field, not forgetting to grab his sword and wearing it around his waist.

seonghwa just stands there, patiently waiting for the opposing group to arrive.

his body was still taking in the cold rain, the raven haired not even getting fazed as his eyes finally lands on another person— people.

from the opposite side he was in, emerged around 50 plus people, all wearing blue and moss green battle gear.

in the front of the crowd was a man wearing a solid navy blue uniform, his hair colored in the same shade as a smirk played along his lips.

beside him was jiyeol, still wearing her dress with crimson and dirt staining its previous clean white fabric.

she was drenched from the rain, her silvery-white hair sticking to her face as she looks at him— tears blending with the rain coming down from the sky.

seonghwa takes a step, only to stop when the navy haired pulls the girl harshly, grabbing her forearm until he was sure a bruise would be forming there.

the general scowls as he snaps his eyes towards the man.

"park seonghwa" the navy haired shouts, the smirk on his face growing bigger.

seonghwa gives the man a glare, his teeth gritting as his hands itched to reach for the weapon in his belt.

"lee keonhee"

i just realized but....

HAPPY 2 MONTHS TO HEARTS AWAKEN

its been two months since i started this book and i couldnt be more grateful for the amount of love and support it has been getting! thank you all sm and ily!

for those who are thinking "vALkyRie? whOmst" i basically mentioned them at chapter 2, they were the reason why hongjoong set up the party because they were celebrating their win against valkyrie ajakaka ALSO! I LOVE ONEUS AND I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM! THEY ARE INCREDIBLY TALENTED AND I LOVE THEM SM!

their friendship with ateez is also really adorable :') we love kings supporting kings *does hair flip*