'If only I had remembered to sprinkle it over Tanjiro and Inosuke...'

"You..." he looked at me skeptically, "You're not kidding, are you?"

"I'm not that mean, Murata-san." I off-handedly commented, before moving away from the 'cleansed area'. I had sprayed the blood solution on the ground, covering a large portion near a tree so that no spiders could crawl up on these survivors and also to provide them a basic protection from other demons on the mountain.

'This is their Lakshmanrekha.' I smiled wryly at my thought, before turning to Murata.

"Murata-san, I'm going to leave you now with the rest of the demon slayers."

His eyes widened at my statement, "Eh—?! Wait, why—" he almost desperately asked.

"Hey, hey, don't worry!" I tried to comfort him, "No demon can harm you here, I assure you. And I really need to leave now— I cannot just leave those two to fight alone with a lower Demon Moon, can I now?"

"But you'll die!" He exclaimed, "You're not even a demon slayer— you can't survive all this!"

I smiled wryly at him, slowly moving away and towards the forest as I said, "As if that ever stopped me before."

'And as if I couldn't have been one if I wanted to.'

Irony.
My life as Miyasha was nothing but irony.

"Oh, and don't forget to keep waking Ozaki-san up! I left my satchel with you, so use the bandages and water from it, if you need any!"

(~<>~)

I sprinted through the forest with as much speed as I could; the lack of haori on my body made it easier to catch speed, due to the lower resistance against the wind.

However...

'Fuck, it's damn fucking cold!' I cursed internally as I passed through several trees.

My haori served more than just the traditional form of clothing— not only was it made of a thick, durable cloth which kept my abnormally cold body warm, but was also baggy enough to let me hide my fans and their metal holsters attached on my biceps.

Now without it, I felt somewhat... naked.

'Or at least, feeling as cold as I would've been if I was actually naked.' I wryly thought as the moonlight shown down on me.

'They are quite far away.' I mused as I kept moving towards Inosuke and Tanjiro's aura, 'Even feeling their aura from here is quite a bit of a—' A sudden sound of thunderclap and the sharp inflation of energy following it made me stop in my path.

'Wait, wait, wait— what the hell was that?' I frowned, closing my eyes to concentrate on feeling the auras near me, 'Was that... was that Zenitsu?' I wondered as I looked up at the sky for any sign of clouds.
There were none, of course.

'Should I really...?' I frowned, feeling indecisive all of a sudden, 'Zenitsu is quite far away though... almost in the opposite direction from where I am heading. While Tanjiro and Inosuke...'

The thing was, even though Zenitsu may seem he needs my help more, it actually wasn't the case— he survived even without my presence, and he will still do so regardless of me going there. Yes, my medications just after the attack might make him recover quickly, but since Shinobu arrives there herself as well, I'm not taking the chance to be seen by her.