𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"mikan!" mikan watched as hanae ran over to her, "are you okay?" she asks. mikan's eyes widened, she felt a bit embarrassed. "yeah, i am." she said softly, looking down at her shoes. 

"thank god!" hanae exclaimed and let out a sigh, mikan looked up and was crushed in a hug. "i'm so sorry for dragging you a long like that." she says, "i-i didn't tell you about my.. situation." she chuckles and pats hanae's back. 

"so, did sakusa senpai take care of you?" hanae lets go, mikan's jaw drops. "h-hanae!" she flares up. she ended up going home with sakusa, it was a bit awkward but he acted like nothing had happened. she was dropped off at home, sakusa came in to report on her little incident. it resulted in her mother going off a bit on her, but in the end everyone went on with their lives. 

"well?" hanae lifts a brow, "k-kind of." mikan whispers. hanae smiles and ruffles her friend's hair. "that's great!" 

"so, did you give your cranes to him?" hanae asked as they sat together at lunch. mikan nods sheepishly, putting another chopstick full of rice in her mouth. "why... do you do it?" mikan's brows raise and she hits her chest to have the food she had just scarfed go down. 

"w-well.." mikan stares at her lap. 

"well, there's that saying that 1000 paper cranes grant you a wish.." mikan puts down her bento. "ah! i've heard of it! senbazuru!" hanae points and mikan nods. "so what's your wish?" hanae asks. "w-well, it's kinda... bad... i have two wishes?" mikan says softly. 

"two?" hanae asks. 

"i suck at being in big crowds, sometimes places with loud noises and chaos frighten me.. so i know i really couldn't really support omi-kun the way that you would regularly. so one wish was that he'd do well in volleyball, go far, go pro! it was the least i can do." mikan rubs her knees together, her cheeks heating up. 

"and the other wish? i-if you don't mind me asking."  hanae said, putting a piece of egg in her mouth. 

"that he'd fall... in love with me." mikan said, barely above a whisper. hanae smiled, "that's cute!" she said and continued eating. mikan nodded and reached for her chopsticks. 

"micchan!" mikan saw komori running in her direction. "toya-kun?" she asks, "how are you?" he asks, she chuckles awkwardly and reaches to scratch the back of her head. "fine!" she smiled and looked elsewhere. 

"ah! i was going to give you this yesterday!" komori went through his bag and pulled out a pack of new origami paper. "wow!" mikan smiled and he put it in her hands, "you like origami, right?" he asks. she looks up at him and nods. "thank you!" she smiles. 

"komori." the two looked back and saw sakusa standing there, hands stuffed into his jacket pockets. "omi-kun!" mikan smiles. "get back to practice." sakusa told his classmate, komori sighed and bid mikan goodbye before jogging away. 

"are you going home?" she nods, gripping the straps of her bag. "i'll be fine." she mumbles and he nods, "see you." he turns and walks away. mikan sighs as she watches his body grow smaller and smaller. 

mikan stares at the pack of origami paper and the rest of the cranes on her desk, though she had succeeded in giving sakusa some of her cranes, there were days where he'd reject them. she kept them in a mason jar, determined to give them to him.