Chapter 17

*Just a note about the shorter chapters. With schools &  basically EVERYTHING shut down I've had much less time to write. I have three kids at home, two doing online schooling, so I'm very limited. I'm so sorry, everyone. Hope you enjoy them even if they're shorter!*

Natasha couldn't believe Hank was on her like that, his lips against hers, kissing her so softly. She pressed her hands to his chest to push him away forcefully. There was a strange kind of comfort in it no matter how angry she was.

"Hank," she gasped. "What are you doing?"

Looking at her, her lipstick smudged from their kiss, Hank shook his head. "I don't know."

He knew what he was doing, he'd thought about it before too, but why he acted after years of ignoring it he didn't know. Or that's what he told himself to fight the guilt of using the situation to his advantage. Kissing her under the guise of wanting to comfort her no matter how subconscious the decision was.

"Jesus Christ," she snapped. Turning away from him, Natasha felt a pit growing in her stomach when she realized she enjoyed the kiss in such a deeply emotional moment. "You can't do that."

Scratching at his jawline, Hank nodded. "I'm... I'm sorry, Tash," he said, steeling himself again.

"It's... fine," she sighed, her breath shaky. "It was a mistake, it doesn't leave this room."

He nodded, eternally grateful for her willingness to lie for him. Neither of them wanted to know what would happen if Bishop were to find out what his own Sergeant-at-Arms did with his wife.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me," she said in a snappy tone, "You go back there and you change his mind."

"Tash," he groaned. "I can't."

"I don't give a shit about your moral qualms," she snapped. "Shit, you just kissed me so I think your morals are out the window now," she glared at him with her hands on her hips.

"I'll see what he's thinking," Hank said as if that really meant anything.

"That's bullshit," she snapped. "A cop-out."

"I can't manipulate him, he's already fucked up over Medina, now you add Coco and Riz to this shit too?" Hank shook his head. "I can't do that to him."

Natasha rolled her jaw, ready to really lay into him, when his phone rang, effectively saving him from her wrath.

"Lucky," she growled as he went to answer it.

"What's up, Bish?" Hank answered, purposely looking at her as he greeted his caller by name.

That one damn word made Natasha sick, just hearing her husband's name brought guilt and sorrow down on her.

"Jesus Christ," Hank grumbled. "Yeah. Alright."

With tears in her eyes, Natasha looked up at Hank. "What is it?"

"Riz died," he said, swallowing hard and attempting to keep composure.

"Riz?" She gasped, her hand over her mouth as if she could keep the sobs in. "Oh my god," she moaned, breaking down.

When Hank moved to comfort her, Natasha shook her head and pushed him away. "You need to go. He's gonna need you."

"Are you okay?"

Natasha nodded but she could see he was not. She sighed, moving to hug him, hoping he wouldn't get carried away again.

"I'm sorry, Hank," she whispered, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so sorry."