Desperately in need of a lock

~The sound of the school bell brought all the children out of their personal bubbles and back into the mindset that is Friday

~
The sound of the school bell brought all the children out of their personal bubbles and back into the mindset that is Friday. Getting lost in the swarm of students, you were pulled out of the classroom and herded outside the school. To everyone else, Friday meant no school, nothing to do, possibly takeaway night. But to you, Friday meant Johnny was coming over.

You waited on the steps, when you saw the familiar bouncy hair weaving it's way through the crowd. Walking to the end of the stairs, you waited on the final step until you saw Johnny's handsome face coming towards you. The two of you smiled tiredly at each other from a distance, exhausted with the week that was finally over. Johnny stopped a few feet from you, opening his arms in invitation with his head tilted lazily. Sluggishly, you made it over to him; throwing yourself in to his embrace with a large huff. The pair of you stayed locked in that position, with Johnny's chin resting on your head, for at least a minute. When you finally broke away, he slid his arm down yours until he reached your hand, which he grasped in his own. You felt him yank you into a slow walk. "Come on, doll."

The two of you walked hand in hand, towards your house, chatting about your day and lessons to fill the time. As you went on, Johnny's hand slipped from yours and repositioned itself around your shoulders causing to lean in to him awkwardly as you walked.

The two of you were still chatting, comfortably, as you came up to your door. Pulling your keys out, you still kept your attention on Johnny as you pushed through the door easily. "I'm home !" The two of you continued your conversation while slipping your shoes off to go in the basket. You saw your sister, Hannah, come round the doorway from the kitchen walking over to you with a casual smile. "Hey, where's Mum ?" Shoving her hands in her pockets, she stood over you as you sorted your shoes out. "She's gone food shopping with dad, she'll be back in a bout an hour, two tops." "And Caleb ?" "Outside." Straightening up, you nodded. Johnny stood behind you, smiling in acknowledgment. "Hey John, hows things ?" "Uh great, yeah." "How's your brother?" He looked around a bit, thinking of an answer. "Umm, he's fine I think. He's still feeling a bit crap, but the worst of it's gone." "I'll make sure to visit him tomorrow."
~
Hannah (Your older sister) has been dating Johnny's brother for about two years, one more than you two. But there last date night had resulted in food poisoning due to a lack of cooking skills. Hannah, thankfully, didn't have a meat dish so she escaped. The same could not be said for Tom.
~
When Hannah sauntered back off to the kitchen, you yanked Johnny's arm up the stairs. Walking in to your bedroom, the two of you flung your bags on the floor and collapsed, simultaneously, on to your double bed. You tried to form a sentence but your face was stuffed in the duvet, so it came out like "Mmph." Johnny raised his head to look down at you in confusion. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that in English ?" Flipping your head to the side, you looked at him unamused. "I said." Emphasising the d. " The door." Johnny turned his head to see the door was still wide open. Immediately understanding, he pushed himself off the bed to close it gently. "What record do you want on?" He asked, walking over to your turn table and flicking through your collection. Resting your head in your palm, your eyes followed him across the room. Stopping, he turned with a album in hand. He raised his eyes in question to which you looked down, thought for a second, then shook your head briefly. You repeated the process until he finally came across your 'Talking Heads' album and the familiar sound of 'And she was' started to play.