Satyavati's fortune

It was a beautiful day and the Hastinapur kingdom glowed with glory. Satyavati specially, was extremely proud and happy. The moment has come for which she had struggled throughout her life.

   But it did not come. A time comes when a human starts to realise that all their hardwork wasn't for making things good but to worsen them. And that time had come for Satyavati for her son died just the hour before he was given the honour to rule his father's kingdom.
Shock and despair spread over the once enlightened kingdom of Hastinapur. Bhishma was furious. But nothing could have matched the grief of the three wives of Vichitravirya.
Yes, Vichitravirya had three wives- the two sisters of Kashi and a maid with whom he had fallen in love. Her name was Parishrami. Though she was greatly respected and loved by her husband, Satyavati loathed her. After Vichitravirya's death, she had absolutely no one to care for her.
Ambika and Ambalika had other reasons to moan though.
The greatest achievement of a woman's life is that of being a successful mother. But they had no children. The future of Hastinapur was blurred, it was weak without a ruler. Vichitravirya had no sons to achieve the throne next. It was a horrible time.

But then Satyavati came up with an idea. Her another son, the great sage Ved Vyasa could perform a yajna( ritual) and ask the Gods and Goddesses in the holy heavens above, to bless the wives of Vichitravirya with children.
The yajna was performed and  Parishrami was also allowed to participate on Bhisma's orders.  Ambika, being the eldest, performed the ritual first, but...

" The child is blind." Said Satyavati tonelessly.
The light of hope that had enlightened the hearts of the royal family was suddenly shivering.
Ambika burst into tears and Satyavati, who was clutching her son, patted her on her head. Only one person remained unaffected by this news- Bhisma.
" A true king doesn't need eyes to see his kingdom, experience, efficiency and loyalty is enough." He said.
Ambika's son was named Dhritarashtra.
Ambalika was the next to perform the ritual. She was blessed with a baby boy whom she named Pandu.
Parishrami's son was named Vidur.
Though, the third brother was given the least importance among the trio, Bhisma treated all of them like their own son to make them efficient in managing a kingdom. His vow to protect his brother's family was his priority and he would have died for it.

2000MTH-
After publishing  6 chapters of Mahabharat, I felt that this story might not interest people so I stopped writing. But now I feel like trying doesn't hurt. I know that the few readers who have been kind enough to vote this will be having trouble remembering the last 6 chapters.
Rack your brains, you'll definitely remember them.
Have a good day