Part 2

Pinuntahan na ni Martin si Pops at dumiretso na sila sa hospital kung nasaan ang baby nila.

Mr. De Guzman: Martin Nievera, Pops Fernandez?

Martin: yes sir.

Mr. De Guzman: kami ng wife ko yung nagpa IVF,  but it turned out na hindi pala talaga samin yung sperm and egg cells. Nagkamali sila. We initially planned not to divulge the truth to you guys and just keep the baby. But then this pandemic and ths situation changed our mind.

Mrs de Guzman: We don't want to be selfish this time. *tumingin na sila sa baby* the baby, your baby, is in a very critical condition. I felt the need to let you know especially that you guys are the real parents.

Mr. De Guzman : She tested positive for covid and we don't know what to do.

Pops: *crying* *tiningnan ni Pops yung baby sa glass window* my gosh. My poor baby.

Mart: *hugged Pops* our little angel is strong. She'll survive this for sure. *kissed the top of her head*

Mart's POV: God, please, please save my baby, I promise, I'll be a better father and partner this time.

Iniwanan na silang dalawa sa NICU.

Pops: Mart
, I wanted a baby girl so bad but I never wanted her to be in this condition.

Mart: Nobody wanted this, Pops.

Pops: God, please help us.

Pops : *nakatingin sa baby nila* hi baby, please be strong for mommy and daddy, okay?

Martin: we'll take you to Disneyland pa when you grow up; and you still have to meet your kuyas. Daddy will take care of you... And your mom.

Pops: *tumingin kay Martin *

Martin: Pops, can we have our family back?

Pops: Mart... we can talk about that later. For now, we pray for our baby's safety and full recovery first.

Pinapanood nila yung baby, tapos tumingin sa kanila.

Pops: I'm your mommy and he's your daddy, babyyy...

Mart: *naiiyak * we can't wait to bring you home soon, my love. Please be well.

Umuwi na muna sina Martin and Pops

Sa front ng bahay ni Pops sa Taguig

Inside the car:

Pops : Mart... (looking at him in the eye)

Mart: *held Pops hand*  You're not alone, babe. We're in this together.

Pops: Mart, I don't want to lose her, I haven't even  hugged her, kissed her, held her in my arms.

Mart: do you want me to stay with you tonight?

Pops: If I say yes, will you?

Martin: of course. Pasok na tayo?

Pops: *laughed * joke lang, Mart. Pano pala? When will we tell them?

Martin: we'll tell them soon. I got this, okay? Don't worry about that.

Pops: thank you, Mart.

Mart: *kissed Pops' forehead, then her nose, then her cheek* I'm always here for you, Pipay.

Pops: thank you, Martin. *they hugged *