it's a love/hate thing

It didn't take them long to start noticing small things about each other, not that they would ever admit it. Castaspella would never admit how her name always sounded sweet on Shadow weaver's tongue and Shadow weaver would never admit that the previously thought of black lipstick that adorned Castaspella's face was, in fact, a deep red that complimented her brown eyes perfectly and made her so ever more enticing. As the rebellion's members slowly depleted with horde prime's invasion they seemed to be spending more time in each other's company, and, whether they realized it or not they had grown quite fond of each other, of course, they had known what those lingering gazes and soft touches meant but neither acknowledged the blissful feeling they experienced when alone together.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until then Casta had ignored the feelings of longing when gazing upon the statue of shadow weaver's previous alias 'light spinner' and had forced them so deep that they now only existed in the smallest crevices of her sub-conscious, however, they still lingered and that fact had become increasingly obvious to Castaspella once she first came face to face with shadow weaver at the destroyed rebel camp. Flustered didn't even begin to describe the state she found herself in meeting shadow weaver's sharp eyes through that horrible mask for the first time in years, heat spread from her chest and up her neck towards her face where it was quite obviously displayed on her cheeks, she swore she could see the knowing smirk on her old mentors face despite it being obscured from view. it would be just like shadow weaver to find amusement in this situation, in her humiliation.

it took an awkward *cough* from Perfuma to bring Castaspella back to the reality of the situation, Micah had been kidnapped as well as over half of the rebellion this was no time to get caught up in personal grudges as old as the children themselves.                                                                   "would you care to explain to me how the rebellion has lost some of its finest members," she hesitated before continuing, "and yet we're still stuck with you?" it was more of a statement than a question, a question that Shadow weaver didn't answer regardless of Casta's original intent. this only angered her even more as she felt her cheeks flush a deeper shade of red that she hoped the children wouldn't notice. "we're wasting time here, we need to seek out the horde and get my brother back," this time she stared directly into shadow weaver's eyes as she finished her sentence "I lost him once," she narrowed her eyes "and I'm not going to lose him again.". the weight of her statement was lost to the children, of course, they weren't told of shadow weaver's manipulation, Casta thought.  Shadow weaver, on the other hand, had narrowed her eyes so they presented as nothing more than green slits under the anonymity of her mask.

the silence was once again broken by Perfuma, despite her weak stature, Castaspella was sure she had immense power.                             "we need to get out of here, we need to make sure the rest of the rebellion is safe first." she beckoned the rest of the group to follow her as she walked away from their previous camp, leaving Castaspella and shadow weaver alone for the first time since their school days, before everything changed.