Morning Talks And Lunch Dates

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" She ignores me.

We stop when we finally reach the lobby and I look around. Everything seems to be in order.

"What's going on?" I repeat.

"Nutty."

I turn to where the voice came from. I immediately pull my hand from Bianca's and run to hug Lilly.

"Sis!" I wrap my arms tightly around her.

"I gotta...breathe." I giggle and pull away from her when she complains.

"How are you? When did you get here? Look at you?" I start gushing.

"We'll talk about all of that." She smiles. She looks at me from head to toe and narrows her eyes. "You need to go change. We're going out for lunch."

"Okay!" I grin.

"Thanks for getting her." She turns to Bianca.

"Don't thank her." I protest. "She nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Don't be dramatic." Bianca waves her hand dismissally.

I roll my eyes and turn to Lilly. "I'll be right back."

I run up the stairs back to my room. Glad I showered in the morning, I change out of my sweatpants and t-shirt into black jeans and a white cardigan.

I wear flats and grab my bag and things before running out of the room. Zoe went out in the morning so I'll text her so she doesn't worry in case she comes back before I do.

"I'm ready." I say once I reach the lobby.

We walk out into the parking lot.

"Is that my baby?" Lilly points the blue Chevrolet I've been driving since graduation.

"Yeah."

It's been parked there for days.

"Do you have the keys? I'd like to drive it." She states with a grin.

"Sure." I dig out the keys from my bag.

While I know how to drive now, I still don't like to do it. I usually catch a ride with one of my friends. It saves fuel and reduces traffic.

She unlocks the car and we excitedly get in.

I smile, realising the great memories this brings back. Lilly and I going to school or other places, her in the driver's seat.

She turns on the radio and an Ed Sheeran song comes on. We start singing along, a wide smiles stuck on our faces.

***

We open our menus and my eyes move along the words.

"Do you recommend anything?" Lilly puts hers down to look at me.

"Er, I've never really been here."

"What do you eat, Nutty?"

"Lot's of McDonald's." I laugh. "There's also a small restaurant next to college and we order from it."

She smiles and shakes her head. "I think I'll just have their chicken salad."

"I'm definitely getting the burger." I grin and she shakes her head again. "Hey, it comes with a salad."

She calls the waiter and we make our orders.

"So," she places her hands on the table, "how's college been?"

"Not as easy as I thought it would be," I laugh, "but it's still great."

"I'm glad. I understand it must be difficult being away from uncle and aunt."