Benoit Blanc x Reader: journalism

—TUMBLR REQUEST: I loved your last headcanon so if you don't mind me requesting another one, Blanc pinning after a journalist who is trying to interview him for a true crime series or some thing that would require them to have more than just a cou...

—TUMBLR REQUEST: I loved your last headcanon so if you don't mind me requesting another one, Blanc pinning after a journalist who is trying to interview him for a true crime series or some thing that would require them to have more than just a couple of meetings.

—AUTHOR'S NOTE: I got permission from the requester to change this into a oneshot.

It had been a sort of cat and mouse chase for months at this point. He's was always so clever and sneaky, just out of your grasp whenever you went to go speak with him. It was his way of telling you that if you wanted to interview him you'd better work for it. He was amused by your attempts, and you couldn't lie, you did have fun trying to chase after him only to see him slip around the corner and disappear in the next moment.

It was fun for you because each and every time you got more and more determined to catch him until you finally did. You grinned victoriously as you stared dead-on, catching his startling blue eyes for longer than just a few seconds.

"I think it's about time we went to share a meal and have a talk, Detective Blanc," you stated proudly, a look of pure passion burning in your eyes.

He smiled. "You took longer than you did last time we had one of meeting, Y/N. You're getting slow," he challenged.

You scoffed and shook your head. "Now now, don't get cocky, I did just recover from an illness. I've passed my prime at this point," you replied, walking closer to him.

He offered you his arm, leading you to the restaurant across the street. "Now don't sell yourself short Y/N, you're still youthful," he teased, grinning slyly.

You laughed, accepting his arm. "You say that as if you aren't Blanc," you smiled and thanked him as he held the door for you.

Blanc winked at you, stepping into the restaurant behind you before stepping up to the host table and informing the hostess that the party only consisted of two. The hostess nodded and lead you to a table near the corner of the restaurant.