Chapter Fourteen: Close Call

Start from the beginning

I feel a blanket being draped us and I look up to see JJ. 

"How's she holding up?" I rub her arms and she snuggles up closer to me.

"I don't know but she's responsive. This is her first live death so it might take her a while to be okay. She's also really tired so I think she needs some rest." JJ nods and walks away to give her some space. I feel her turn in my arms and hug my waist.

"Hey, sweetheart. How are you holding up?" she just hums and shakes her head while clinging onto my chest. I felt water seep through my shirt. 

"Aw, sweetie. Shh... It's okay." I attempted to calm her down while petting her hair as she sobbed.

"I could have helped," I heard her whisper.

"No, no, honey. We did the best we could. We broke her down! Also, what you did with that compromise stuff was brilliant," she looked up at me and gave me a weak smile. 

"Thank you, I'm happy you got it. Do you think I'm an annoying rambler?" I let out a light laugh. 

"No, I love your rambling. Now the real question is do you think I'm bad in bed?" she gives me a weak laugh.

"Oh, yeah. Totally," She says sarcastically.

"Can I kiss you?" I ask innocently. She nods her head lightly.

"That would make me feel better," 

I chuckle and kiss her softly, I then leave tiny kisses all over her face. She then smiles at me and we nuzzle into each other. I notice Hotch walk towards us after talking to an officer.

"The unsub was identified as Cheryl Fuller's sister, Danielle. Officer Fuller has been arrested due to multiple witness identifications. You two did amazing work, does Olivia think she can move to a car? It will be more comfortable." 

"Thank you for telling us, Hotch. Sweetheart, do you want to move to the car?" I feel her nod against me. 

"Okay, stand up for a second." She stands up but I can tell shes weak. I get right in front of her and place my hands on the back of her thighs.

"Can you jump?" She jumps and wraps her legs around my body while hugging my neck. I walk over to one of the BAU cars and nod at Mogan to open backside the door. He does while giving me a sad smile. I lay Via in the backseat and drape a blanket over her before running to the other side. I slide into to car and slightly move Via so shes resting in my lap. 

"Sleep well, my genius Via," I lightly rack my fingers through her hair.

"Thank you, my genius Spence," she cuddles into my lap and in minutes her breathing evens out. I kiss her forehead and rest my head back, joining her in sleep within minutes.

~Olivia's POV~

I woke up when I felt myself being lifted from the car. My eyes flutter open and I see Spence carrying my bridal style to the hotel. 

"Spence, I can walk myself." He laughs and kisses me on the forehead.

"Let me spoil you, sweetheart," He continues to carry me to the hotel room and lays me down on the bed.

"When are we going to the jet?" I slowly sit up and rest against the headboard as Spencer repacks our bags. 

"In an hour. You should go take a shower, it will make you feel much better." I nod and walk into the bathroom. 

I look in the mirror and see the blood splatter still apparent on my dress and body. Everything comes flooding back. 

The gunshot was so loud. Not as loud as the thud when she fell to the ground, the bullet killing her instantly. I felt the blood hit my body, but I didn't move. The utter shock stilled me, the next thing I knew I was resting on Spencer lap in a squad car, not registering what happened.