Micheal Cole

Let's talk about Micheal Cole. I hear so much negativity about him. Is he a good commentator? I have a lot to say. So here's my view.

Firstly, I think that the main important thing you need to know how to do, is call a match efficiently. Which takes a lot of focus and accuracy. JR said it ain't easy. To be able to accurately and timely narrate the action going on in front of you all while balancing conversation, reminisce, advertisement and composure. It takes skill. He does it accurately to say the least.

So let's talk about his personality. In every duo, there's the funny man and there's the straight man. The one focused on puns and personality collaborating with the person focused on the actual narrative. Micheal Cole's job isn't to be the "funny man" in his duo. He's meant to call the match accurately. Take someone like Lawler and he's not very good at calling the action, but he'll make clever jokes such as "if Rollins walked on water, you would say he can't swim"

Notice that no matter which announce team Micheal Cole is on, he will always be partnered with a personality. Tazz, Lawler, Corey Graves. Because Michael's Job is to narrate. Not entertain. So in conclusion, Micheal Cole is VERY good at what he does.