7. Beacon of Hope?

Start from the beginning

"This is my one true pair and the world must know!" You yelled and heard the echo of your voice saying 'know' all over again, gradually fading, carried by the soft breeze of the mountains. You took a big breath. "Yuzuriha x Tamphdu!?!?"

"Don't. You. Dare..." Yuzuriha put her palm over your mouth just before you could say it. She wouldn't let her secret get exposed so easily. She glared at you but her, otherwise scary glare, wasn't so effective cause of her blushing cheeks. It just made you break into a fit of giggles.

"Ah Yuzuriha~ I missed you so much!" You said hugging her tightly.

"Could you show your affection in another way though?"

"I'm sorry I can't help it~"

The otherwise silent mountains were filled with your loud laughter.

.
.
.

Night time

"Why are you still up big oaf?" Senku looked at Taiju, who had yet to go to sleep, in big disapproval.

"I'll stay awake and guard you in case Tsukasa has been following us!"

"B-but Taiju-kun..."

"Don't worry! I am an endurance monster! I can take it!"

"Even endurance monsters need to go to sleep Taiju!" You looked at him with a grumpy look, you just wanted to go to sleep already... "Besides- Even if Tsukasa returned to the camp just before we left from there, he would have a hard time figuring out where we went! We have left so many misleading clues!" You smiled proudly at yourself cause you were the one who thought of some of them like throwing a bag of berries a bit further away from the camp and almost at the complete opposite direction. That ought to have confused him a lot...

"Big oaf your endurance needs to be recharged." Senku decided to speak up. "Go. To. Sleep." He said in a more dancing authorative voice.

"I-"

"Do it."

Stare~

"..."

"..."

"Okay, okay, I'll sleep."

"Finally!"

.
.
.

Huff! Huff! Pant!

"Are you absolutely SURE that you don't want me to push?" You worriedly asked Taiju who was pulling a crude raft you guys had quickly made. According to Senku's calculations you had to go through this river to get to your destination. Quite unfortunately the river's current was against that.

"Don't worry about it Y/N-chan~"

Your eyebrows forrowed in worry. You couldn't not worry about Taiju, who always got out of his way to make sure you were alright.

"Hmph!"

SPLASH!

"WHAT WAS THAT!?" Taiju said freaking out from the sudden loud splash sound. Had someone fallen of the raft? He stopped quite abruptly and turned around to look at the occupants of the raft. Senku, Yuzuriha and- "Where is Y/N????"

"Over here!" You said raising your hand.

"What the fuck Y/N!?"

You had dived into the river and had already started pushing from behind. You were just tall enough to touch the bottom without your whole body including your head to be dipped into the water.

"What do you think you are doing Y/N!? The river is too deep for you, you'll freaking drown!" Taiju shouted from the other side.

"I'm okay! I'll tell you if I get tired! Anyway, we are already so close! So just pull already Taiju-bro!"