하나

Kim Taehyung sighed contentedly to himself as he listened to the constant chatter of his classmates around him. A new school year meant a fresh start. If he wanted, Taehyung could use any personality he so chose even if it was the furthest from who he really was, without anyone questioning it. It was sort of an unspoken rule that if someone transformed over summer break, it wasn't a big deal unless you became very hot with a new toned body, figured out how to properly apply makeup, expanded your wardrobe to include things that most people would kill to waste their money on or else...you became the worst, most hideous version of yourself.

          Taehyung hadn't really done any of these things, though. He had already been somewhat popular at school for years, he wore designer brands and no one could apply makeup as well as he did. Of course a lot of people were curious about how this boy managed to learn every single thing that was needed in order to be well liked. But in reality, Taehyung didn't do anything special. He simply lived life and paid attention to everything around him. He listened to music on mainstream radio stations so that he knew what everyone was into, he acted like a normal teenager and browsed the internet often, and so in the end, it was really Taehyung who was the most curious. He wondered how even though billions of other people lived in the same world with him - most with the same resources - and even heard about the same things he did, most others were unaware of the difference between GUCCI and Versace and the significance of it.

          And he especially wondered who taught people that applying just one shade of eyeshadow to your lids and calling it A-OK was fine. It was not fine. It was not attractive nor creative in any way. The only reason people would stare at those who do the "one color stroke" is for the same reason that anyone struggles to look away from a train wreck. The horror was somehow captivating.

          Although, besides people who struggled to dress themselves, other things captivated Taehyung as well. Pretty things. Things so beautiful that they would send a shiver up your spine and remind you of good memories from the past that you held so close to your heart, but could never get back to. Things like sunlight and flowers. Green grass and water. This might have been the reason the seventeen year old chose to look out the open windows across the classroom as he awaited the arrival of his English Literature teacher. It was still summertime and the cool breeze wafting inside the building brought a small smile to Taehyung's face. It made him want to get up and sing. Maybe even dance if he was feeling up to it. But he wouldn't waste his time with dorky hip hop moves that his friends loved dearly. If Taehyung were to dance, he would become one with the wind and sky and gently flow through the world. And he couldn't wait to find someone to do that with.

          Many a time when he wasn't busy, Taehyung had been known to daydream about the sort of person he wanted to be with. He wanted a man, taller than him, who was fascinated by many things in life. Things they could spend forever talking about. He wanted a man that would never even imagine being with anyone else but him. A man whose every gentle touch set his body ablaze with passion and...something tame as well. Taehyung wanted a man who could promise that everything was going to be alright, even if they were going through the worst of times.

           "Ahem." Someone cleared their throat and the entire class turned their heads towards the open doorway .

           There stood a tall, blonde headed prince with the aura of a world renowned university professor. At least, that's what Taehyung saw. For a moment, the high school student locked eyes with the beautiful stranger, both of their lips parted open and a gust of wind lifted the older's bangs off of his forehead just to blow them out of his eyes. Taehyung was stunned in his seat. This man definitely knew how to put himself together in the morning.