Under the stars

Song
——————
Just breathe - pearl jam

Diego just finished setting up the fire just as the sun finished setting and night fell over the flatland. The distant cricket chirping and frogs croaking and the fire crackling were the only noticeable sounds that filled the air around them.

Diego let out a long sigh and propped himself up against a trunk of a tree, closing his eyes to relax. Hotpants yawned and walked over to the short jockey laying down and resting her head in his lap, looking into the fire.

Diego felt his face slightly become hot as he opened his eyes and looked at the girl laying on his lap. He moved one of his hands into his lap and started to play with her pink hair. "Hotpants, I was at a pub last night and I learned a new song!" He said happy, trying not to move to disturb hotpants, who now had her eyes closed as she listened to him.

He started trying to sing the song as best as he could. Hotpants never admitted it but she loved hearing him sing, having his accent strongly come out as he sang certain words made her smile, even though she never showed her smile, diego knew that she liked it when he sang.

As he reached the last verse
"Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me 'till I die
Meet you on the other side"
Diego found his throat slightly tighten up and his eyes slightly tear up as he sang the last line of the song. It fell quiet for awhile until hotpants spoke.

"diego, do you think we're gonna die?" Diego found himself slightly shocked at the comment but he couldn't find a answer to it.

"well love, don't know but I'm not gonna leave your side, but if I do end up dying somehow. I'll meet you on the other side." He said as he felt a tear fall down his cheek. He raised his other hand and wiped it away as he continued to play with her hair with his other hand.

"Your not gonna die diego, promise me that your not gonna die."

"I promise"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahhh hopefully you enjoyed this headcanon of mine, at the beginning of each chapter I'm gonna our songs you could listen too while reading.
These "chapters" are gonna be AUS and headcanons I have, they're not gonna have spoilers in them but next chapter won't be sad!!!