chapter one

Clarke's POV

I sat up and held my neck where Bellamy attempted to choke me. I knew he was a fighter but I never thought he would do that to me. I turned to look at Bellamy and he was touching his bloody leg that Murphy stabbed. He looked at me and quickly looked away.

My mom was examining Murphy when people came. They were about to grab us before my mom interrupted.

She stood up, "Please help us! This man, John Murphy! Something is wrong!"

An older man walked over and observed him before taking the snake and letting it suck whatever that was out of Murphy.

I stared, "H..how did you do that!"

He looked at me and smiled, "The snake sucks away any bad liquids that are in the human body. Now! You have survived the red sun, let's get you inside!"

We followed him indoors. They laid Murphy on a table and we all got drink shortly after. I was sitting with Madi.

She laughed, "Clarkkeee can I go play outside?"

My smile faded, "I mean... I guess so.. just have Gaia go with you."

She smiled and got up. Bellamy sat down in front of me. I was leaning on the table but when he was going to put his arm down I pulled myself back. He stared at me.

"Clarke? Okay what's wrong? First of-", he said in a concerned voice.

I cut him off, "Nothing! I'm fine... but that guy from earlier? He... he uh... wants us to meet him outside in about....," I glanced at my dads watch, "Right now actually. So come on let's get going."

Bellamy's POV

Clarke and I got up and met the guy outside. He brought us inside the castle.

He smiled, "Greetings. I am Russell Lightbourne. You two are?"

I kept a serious face, "I'm Bellamy Blake, that's Clarke Griffin."

He smirked, "So you two are a thing eh?"

Clark was oddly silent.

My eyes widened, "No no, I'm dating echo. We work together though and are close friends."

He noticed Clarke's quietness and stepped forward to grab her hand but I quickly put an arm in front of her.

He backed away, "Sorry... just the pretty girl is being quiet."

I let my arm fall to my side and Clarke was still being silent.

He smiled once more, "Follow me."

Before Clarke and I started following him, I bent down and whispered in her ear, "Behind me, at all times."

She nodded her head yes. She is normally more stubborn.. what's bugging her?

We followed Russell and he led us to a huge library.

Clarke was behind me but she was to the side a little so she could see.

I looked around and walked over to a book, "Wow this is amazing... what's your history? How did you get here?"

I turned to Clarke where Russell was about to touch her arm. I walked over.

I tapped his arm, "Can you tell me your stoey of this place?"

He looked annoyed but put on a smile, "Yes, yes of course. Follow me."

He sat on the couch and Clarke and I sat across from him.

He sighed, "Before I start, I just want to apologize for trying to touch the princess's arm. Her watch looks like my old friends watch."

Why is an old man calling Clarke princess?

Her eyes snapped up to him and her voice came out shaky, "Y...you know my father?"

He smiled, "Jake Griffin. He sure was amazing. They were gonna float him but luckily I was there. I had him ejected with some night blood and we took him on the mission with us. He talked about Abby, and his little girl all the time. How you both would love this so much."

Clarke's body was shaking.

I cleared my throat, "It's getting late... we will be back tomorrow. Thank you for today."

I pulled Clarke out of there. She started crying a tiny bit and I was gonna hug her but then she backed away.

She let out a soft voice, "Y..you don't need me anymore."

I opened my mouth in shock, "Clarke I need you. I don't know what happened during the red sun but I promise you, I need you."

She smiled faintly and nodded her head.

Clarke's POV

After a quick hug we went back to our friends. I went to mine and Madi's room.

She was laying in bed, "Hi Clarke."

I got next to her, "Hey. Go to sleep Mads."

I closed my eyes and Madi did the same.

After a while I woke up and felt thirsty. When I grabbed my water I realized my watch was gone.