28. His Lover's Partner (pt. 1)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Is it true you just speak a name and it'll show you what that person is doing right then?" Linda asks.

"For the most part," Lucifer replies. "But you can ask to see a person's past, and..." Lucifer's voice grows softer, distant, "on rare occasions, their future."

"Something tells me you saw someone's future once?" Dan asks.

Lucifer looks away, "I saw Nyx locked in Hell, a century or so before it happened. I swore I wasn't going to let it..."

"Did he really try to kill you?" Dan says.

"No," Lucifer replies, anger appearing in his eyes as he glares at the table in front of him. "A group of demons framed him... Nyxeus..." The devil looks up, a far away look in his eyes. "Yes... Alright, just hold on."

"Lucifer?" Linda asks.

Lucifer blinks, "I'm fine, don't worry. I have a connection to Nyx, one that allows us to talk to each other no matter where we are. Daniel, you met Nyx around a year ago. He hid your memories of it, but he's going to reveal them."

Dan's brows furrow in confusion, but he doesn't get a chance to speak. He's pulled inside his mind, the club disappearing. The detective sees the events that happened in that previously-forgotten time. The mutilated bodies, the search for the draxon, everything that lead to finding the devil bloodied and kneeling in the destroyed warehouse.

Blinking, Dan rubs his forehead, "Nyx did all that?"

"Indeed," Lucifer replies. "You mentioned earlier some cases that were bugging you?"

Dan nods. "First just... tell me how many he's killed."

"Four, a whole gang, and the fourteen from that mass murder case."

Both Linda and Dan pale at that, shocked.

"I thought the draxon was more..." Linda trails off.

"Calm? Protective? Sane?" Lucifer supplies. "He was, once. As he said, Hell is a sanity-stealer. He still is protective, just don't piss him off, and don't try to hurt me. That sends him into a rage every time."

"Pierce did that, I assume?" Dan asks.

Lucifer nods. "Nyx possessed one of the gunmen and had his fun with the rest of them. I believe he said he'd be 'welcoming' Pierce to Hell as well."

"Aren't you invulnerable though?" Dan says.

"Not around the Detective," Lucifer replies. "Though... As soon as Nyx possessed that man, my invulnerability returned..."

"You think his presence overrides Chloe's?" Linda asks, getting a nod. Linda's brows furrow, "Who were the other four Nyxeus killed?"

Lucifer shrugs, "Two were past... partners, of mine. I don't know what he's done with them, but I know we won't find their bodies. The other two were a wife and her ex. Nyx said he possessed the husband and had him kill them."

"That was his work?" Dan says, his eyes wide. "That crime scene was brutal."

"What did you expect from an insane, powerful being like Nyxeus? Lucifer asks.

"Fair point."

Lucifer smiles dryly, "My dear draxon always had a brutal side; he made sure I was aware of that before he let me say I love him. He never showed it very often back then, but it seems Hell has brought it out a lot more."

"And he's gone to try and push it back?" Linda asks.

Lucifer nods. "Nyx... I found out he was killing behind my back. We got into an argument, and I guess he got the idea I was going to take him back to Hell, so he left. Killed those four families, realized what he did, and returned to the Dragonlands to heal."