Chapter 1

Day: September 29, 2014 ; Monday

I was at home, watching Catching Fire and eating popcorn.

"Naty! Start getting ready for church!" My mom yelled from her bathroom.

It was Monday, and my family rarely goes to church, but for some reason my mom wants to today. I'm feeling too lazy right now so I yell back, "I'm tired and sleepy!" and I hear my mom groan.

"You are always too sleepy, now stop complaining and start getting ready. I need to go to Walmart anyways, so I'll give you some time. You better be ready when I'm back." She says and I stay on the couch.

I'm 18, and I still live with my mom and step-dad. Yes, I go to college, but just a community college. I kind of want to move out, but at the same time I don't. I like to have company most of the time, and when I want to be alone I just drive to the playground at my old elementary school.

I've moved a lot, but I think my mom has finally made her decision. I was born in Florida, then moved to North Carolina, then back to Florida, and back to North Carolina; I have stayed here ever since.

I am walking to my room and I start listening to some music quietly. I hear a knock at the door and I was too lazy to get it, so I let my mom get it.

I turned down the music, and decided to eavesdrop.

"Hello ma'am!" I hear a familiar Australian accent say.

"Hello! Who are you?" my mom replies.

"I am Luke, and this is Michael, Calum, and Ashton." He says.

I can't believe it. This cannot be true. 5 Seconds of Summer? Impossible; I love them! They are in town, and I just went to the One Direction concert, where they opened yesterday at the PNC Music Pavilion.

"Oh, well hello Luke. Is there anything I could help you with?" my mom says and I feel like she doesn't listen to me.

I talk about 5 Seconds of Summer to her all the time! How could she not know who they are?

I walk out my room, in my sweatpants and New York t-shirt and show my mom my lock screen on my phone.

She makes an 'O' with her mouth and I do a face palm. Really, mom?!

Luke looks a bit confused and I just walk back to my room, but leave my bedroom door open this time.

"Yes, actually," Calum says, with his beautiful accent, then continues, "Our bus broke down, and we were wondering if we could stay with you until it gets fixed." He finishes and I am in shock.

"Sure! Anything to help!" my mom says, I thank her in my mind, and I get excited.

"Thank you so much!" Ashton says.

I walk out my room again and I see the door closed, and 4 boys standing in the living room, while my mom is in the kitchen.

I go to the kitchen and whisper to my mom, "Since they are staying here, shouldn't I stay with them, just so they don't feel lonely? I will be responsible, I promise."

I tend to get into some kind of trouble whenever I am home alone, and the reason my mom doesn't trust me this time is because last time the microwave went on fire.

My mom looks at me, and then sighs.

"Fine, but please, don't set anything on fire." She says and I get excited, but hold it in.

"I am going to church, and my daughter Natalie is going to stay with you, so you don't feel so lonely. Is that okay with you?" my mom questions and they all nod.